Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Nervous!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

This Wednesday is the first meeting of a playgroup I'm starting called the Itsy Bitsy Playgroup. It's really happened fast, and I committed myself to March. BUT, I think really April is really more of a realistic goal to get it really started, but hey I've gotta start at some point. I've got 500 postcards ordered and have met many moms that are interested. Even though it's a playgroup, it's more for the moms. We'll have a couple activities, but it's so moms in my area can get connected, get hand me downs and advice, and build friendships.

So I'm VERY nervous about having to get up and describe my vision and goals for the group at this first meeting. I'm not that nervous about leading the devotional, but I'm also very nervous about having to pray in front of everyone.

For March, I really don't have a lot for the kids. Since one of the weeks is 'Bubble Gum Week', we're going to make bubble gum necklaces. BUT, I have a bubble machine and was going to have it running, but yesterday tested it out and realized the bubbles only shoot out like 2 feet. I liked the bubble machine idea because infants and toddlers alike will love bubbles, lol.

Any ideas for another little activity that we can include infants in?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
How young are we talking with infants? I mean obviously under 6-8 mo they're not going to be able to do much anyway; just wondered up to what age they're considered infants.

You could blow up balloons and hang them from the ceiling (where they can't touch, but they can look.) Dd used to love to stare at balloons, especially if we attached them to the fan, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
not sure yet. Mine are 4 months. I know a couple ladies with toddlers, but since this is the first meeting I'm not sure of the ages to expect. I like the balloon idea!
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
We tend to always have a bag of balloons around cuz dd loves them. :-) At her 2 year bday, we blew a bunch up and left them on the floor and the kids had a great time kicking them around. You just have to be very careful; if they pop one you don't want someone choking on the pieces! You could always do mylar, but they're usually more expensive.

Quoting mommy2b39465:

not sure yet. Mine are 4 months. I know a couple ladies with toddlers, but since this is the first meeting I'm not sure of the ages to expect.
I like the balloon idea!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Honestly... Check out Pinterest for craft & activity ideas....

Shaving cream or paint in a zipper baggie is so much fun. There are recipes for homemade kid safe play dough... and so much more!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)