• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bladder Control Troubles

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hello Moms!

Everytime I get all set and comfortable to sit down and breastfeed, baby on boob, I pee a little! Anybody else experience this? This will happen too when I just sit and get comfortable to watch TV. But I'm mainly experiencing it during feeding. I even make sure to use the restroom before feedings to try and make this not happen, but it does anyways! 

~ One Love ~

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM
After being pregnant and delivering a baby, your pelvic muscles can be pretty weak! Try doing Kegels whenever you sit down, especially during feeding time since that's when you have the most trouble. Mommy incontinence isn't that uncommon, unfortunately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

This exactly. You can also talk to your doctor about other tips and things you can do to help. :)

Quoting BaileynMe:

After being pregnant and delivering a baby, your pelvic muscles can be pretty weak! Try doing Kegels whenever you sit down, especially during feeding time since that's when you have the most trouble. Mommy incontinence isn't that uncommon, unfortunately!

Join us in the Babies group!

bbmkfo03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yep, I agree with pp's above. I had mommy incontinence for several weeks after DD was born! It's not fun, but it gets better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)