Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How the hell am I supposed to pay my rent?! EDIT

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 30 Replies

So rent was due on the 1st, it's the 4th now. I have the money... I usually text my superintendant and then give her the cash later that night. I texted on the first... no answer. Second... Nothing. Third? No response. I've been out doing errands a lot the past few days, but I haven't seen her at home. She isn't answering my texts. I'm not sure what to do really. Any thoughts?

Wow, some of you ladies are pretty rude about such a trivial thing... Firstly, I've never written a cheque in my life and I see no reason to start. I'd only ever use it for rent. Secondly, the call function on my cell is broken and is completely unreliable. I'm trying to get it fixed. Third, there is no way in HELL I will ever contact my landlord directly. He molested me, and although I reported it, I didn't press charges because there were no witnesses. The super lives in the apartment next door; it's a very small 4-apartment building. I did knock, there was no answer.  I pay in cash because I prefer it, and yes I do get reciepts signed by both of us. My super is awesome, and I trust her completely. It's all irrelevant though, because she texted back tonight, She was out of town and I'm heading over later.

The first rock thrown again,
Welcome to Hell, Little Saint

Mother Gaia in slaughter,
Welcome to Paradise, Soldier

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lioness3e
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
You have proof you attempted to contact her. She maybe busy or she had some emergency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I wouldn't sweat it. Keep the texts as proof that you tried to contact her and then pay when she gets in contact with you.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Maybe she lost her phone, had an emergency and had to leave town, possibly she is in the hospital. I wouldn't panic, if you and she have had a good landlord/tenant relationship and she knows you pay on time, I'm sure it will be OK for you to pay her when she is done with whatever business she is dealin with.

kit_manson
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

She's not the landlord though, she's the super. The landlord lives out of town and hates me.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM

call your landlord

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM

call her ? drop by and leave a check or get a money order and drop it off ?

beco8627
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM
She doesn't have an office with a drop box?? Stick it in her mailbox then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emily18234
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I say drop a check. You'd have a record if it was cashed and it shows that even if she is too busy to call you, you still take initiative to make sure she gets paid

katiebug840204
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I'd contact the landlord and tell her what's going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernchick06
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM
You know the phone your texting is able to also call ppl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)