Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what else to do

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son had bronchitis and a very bad cold which i took him to two doctors and then he got better. Now he is still congested especially at nights and it's very hard to see him not getting to breathe properly. What do i use for his congestion so that it will completely go away? I cannot go through this every night. I used saline drops which help for a short period of time but not really effective. The mucus is very thick in his nostril which makes it hard for him to breathe. Any help is kindly appreciated, thanks.  By the way he is 2 years old will be three in march and less than a month he started preschool, which was when the problem begin.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

vicks on his feet, humidifier in his room, continue with saline washes. 

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

it's going around BAD right now. My kids have it and my youngest's turned into pneumonia the first night he had it (but they both have asthma). The above is what we're doing along with breathing treatments and steroids because his was so bad, but we wouldn't do anything different than the above if it was just bronchitis. good luck. 

BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
:-( Call the doctor maybe and ask if there are any decongestants he can have; every one I've seen says don't use on kids under 4 but with dr supervision maybe it'll be different. We use Delsym for dd, only at night, but she is 4.

A humidifier might help, and see if you can prop him up while he sleeps. Run a HOT shower in a closed bathroom and sit in the steam with him. This stuff sucks; I've spent a lot of nights awake with DD for the same reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hylands makes an all natural medicine for congestion.  Its called Hyland's cough and cold and its for children 2 and up.  You could talk to your doctor about other decongestants.  My dd is 2 1/2 and her doc ok'd benadryl or Zyrtec in very small doses.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM

We've all been passing around a terrible "cold."  Turned into a sinus infection for me and croup for my 7 month old and 3 year old.  Humidifers (cool mist) help!  We've been doing saline drops and suction on the baby.  LOTS of clear fluid... it doesn't seem like there is enough to do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)