Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I start tomorrow!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I start a new job tomorrow!!! My last job ended a few weeks ago with me getting fired-for the first time in my life! Anyway I start training tomorrow and will be doing that the first week. It is a day treatment program for people with disabilities. They do vocational tasks, contract work for companies, outings etc. The best part is I don't have to drive my car. If we go out it is as a group in a company van. My other job I drove my car and the gas reimbursement was not nearly enough. I will need to take my lunch daily except for the days we cook or go out. What are some good ideas  for lunch? It has been a long time since I packed lunch. Thanks ahead.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DJAKoala
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Congrats on the new job. I think fresh fruit,crackers,peanut butter. If you have a good thermal lunch bag,yogurt,sandwich,cheese sticks,cut raw veggies,pretzels
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Congrats on the new job!
Will you have acess to a fridge and microwave?
When I took my lunch, I just packed a couple granola bars and a peanut butter sandwhich and left it in the car. I preferred to take my breaks there so I packed stuff that didn't need refridgerated or heated.
If you have acess to both, leftovers from dinner the night before are always good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I have a thermal lunch bag and it keeps the cold stuff cold and the warm stuff warm.  I think I am going to take 2-3drinks/juice, mini blueberry muffins, some kind of sandwich-we had steak today so there are no leftovers and maybe another snack like yogurt or raw veggies.

mamakenzi
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Congrats on the new job!
Will you have acess to a fridge and microwave?
When I took my lunch, I just packed a couple granola bars and a peanut butter sandwhich and left it in the car. I preferred to take my breaks there so I packed stuff that didn't need refridgerated or heated.
If you have acess to both, leftovers from dinner the night before are always good.

Kenzi

I'm just me, love it or hate it, ask me if I care...whatev!

http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Congratulations on your new job! I usually just packed a sandwich and used a freezer pack to keep it cold. But there are many things you can take- cheese and crackers, tuna in the can and crackers. PB and J.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)