Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ovulation symptoms?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

how long does ovulation symptoms last ??  and what are they?? how can you tell the defference between pregnancy symptoms and ovulation symptoms

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
luvemboth
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Some women don't have any ovulation symptoms. Some women just feel more horny around then. For me, it just feels like very light menstrual cramps, usually just on 1 side that last from a couple hrs to a day. The major difference between that and pg symptoms would be the timing.

If you're questioning when you ovulate, I'd start using OPK's (ovulation predictor kits).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Ovulation symptoms usually last no more than about 2 days or so, sometimes less.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Most women can't really tell when they are ovulating, I think.  When I do notice, it's just a very mild cramp.

Pregnancy symptoms were totally different . . . exhaustion was the main thing.

beco8627
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
Well, when your starting to notice some type of symptoms, you could time it from the date of your last period. I usually start ovulating about 10-12 days after my last period ends. I know exactly when I do because the first symptom for me is a clear, mucous that comes out when I wipe...its usually "stringy," then that will last about 2 days and about a week later I start getting a little crampy, sore boobs, headache, fatigue and VERY moody....theeeeeeres PMS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marscella
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Google ovulation, " how to tell in ovulating", etc.... It will tell u what to look for~your cervical mucous changes when u ovulate. First it becomes watery and clear, then really " snotty" or " stringy" like egg whites..... When this happens u r ovulating. Once u have ovulated, ur cervical mucous changes again to like a white sticky/ clumpy discharge for a few days ..... Start watching ur mucous.... U can monitor it for a few months and b able to know when u r ovulating ;) good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

There are a few different signs and symptoms of ovulation or an impending ovulation. It took me a few months of charting to figure out my signs of ovulation. One thing are cramps, some women feel them badly others not at all. Second is your cervicalmucus, usually egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) is considered very fertile mucus, but after charting I learned I don't normally get EWCM, my fertile mucus is more watery. Other symptoms include increased sex drive, getting a positive ovulation predictor kit (OPK, you can buy these in stores), spotting, bloating, but remember not all women experience any or all of these! If you're really looking to pinpoint ovulation each month you should consider getting OPK's.

stepdiva
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM
It's just an ache usually in one side way down low.
marisab
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

i didnt have ovulation s/s

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

i get really wet down there!!  and incredibly horny! LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)