Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with the norm

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay I just got pregnant by a half accident, we said whatever happens happens, and now I am completely lost. I know the naseau and the tiredness and cramps can be normal but is there a way to make them less uncomfortable? Plus any other help you can give me about pregnancy or motherhood after my little one would be appreciated ✌
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Eat many small meals/snacks through the day instead of just 3 big meals. It'll keep you going and help with the nausea.
After the baby gets here, just go with your gut. And remember, a little ccommon sense goes a long way! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Congratulations!

Quoting CarmenAnnie:

Okay I just got pregnant by a half accident, we said whatever happens happens, and now I am completely lost. I know the naseau and the tiredness and cramps can be normal but is there a way to make them less uncomfortable? Plus any other help you can give me about pregnancy or motherhood after my little one would be appreciated ✌

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Lots of water, rest, exercise, eating healthy meals (limit junk foods) will all help.  Most only suffer these particular symptoms for the first 3-4 months and then smooth sailing from there.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM

The main thing is to eat protein every two or three hours.  That will help with the nausea.  Also, get enough rest and stay hydrated. 

Good luck!

pregnant bellyJoin the Pregnancy group for support & info!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Saltines. icy ginger ale. 

bbmkfo03
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I agree with the other mama's here, eat frequently and healthy, gets lots of rest and drink lots and lots of water. I'm almost done with my 1st trimester and I'm finally starting to feel more human again! It gets easier but the first several weeks are crucial for baby's development and all of those symptoms mean baby is growing, which is good! Oh, and don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins!! Congrats :)

bbmkfo03
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Also, the book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" by Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler was super helpful. Make sure you mention all your symptoms to your OB or midwife too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)