Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 4 yo keeps having accidents

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
She turned 4 on 2/21 she spent the following wkd at her moms and gma. They dnt like us and talk a lot of shit. She came home crabby as usual. She adjusted fine but has had 5 accidents this week 2 at school 1 at our neighbors and 2 at home. She knows where the bathroom is and is very capable.potty trained 2 yrs ago. Hubby and I can't figure out what's going on. I think she's just being lazy she says she has no owies down there she drinks plenty of liquid and eats well sleeps well and has plenty of free time also. Taking away things, bed early, spanking all don't work. I've been reminding her every hour and making her try but I haven't had to in a long time idk why or what's going on.
TIA for thoughts and comments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

IT is possible for a child to regress so as the parent you need to bring back whatever method you used during the training so that she can get back into the big girl routine.  I personally wouldnt punish her for accidents but involve her in any cleaning up like putting wet panties in the washing machine, stepping on a towel to pick up any urine on the floor etc.  That is what i did with dd when she had accidents.  I explained when we have accidents, we clean them up ourselves as best as we can.

RachelFarie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
My daughter was doing this for weeks and it turned out she had a UTI.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I was thinking it could be a UTI, as well. They can be asymptomatic where there is no pain.
Mommy2justone
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I was told that punishing for accidents can cause regression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie428
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Could be a result of the negativity at grandmas. My dd always had accidenys when she was at gmas or when she was stressed.

I agree with the pp. Don't make a big deal over accidents. They are very normal at her age. Also punishing makes it worse. Have her help clean up instead. Be encouraging, let her know that you know she will get it right. Be patient, it is only a matter of time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Member on Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Talk to your doctor, just to be on the safe side and then maybe get her a therapist to help work through it. It could be that something bad happened to her or she could just be having a hard time adjusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)