Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Eleven year old son says his left testicle hurts????

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok, so yesterday my 11 almost 12 year old son told me his left testicle hurts, now.....  he says that he did not hurt it.  I was wondering what it could be.  Is there something that happens at puberty that would make his testicle hurt?  He says that when he walks or moves a certain way it feels like he was hit there, he can feel it like take his breath and that it hurts. He complained all day.  When I asked if it was so bad that he thought we should go to the hospital, he said that it didn't hurt that bad, but it did bother a lot.  He also said that there is a bump there, but I think it is his testicle that he feels.  Here is my stupid question, do boys testicles drop or something when they reach puberty?  Is there something that happens down there that may cause him discomfort? 

He also informed me that his right testicle hangs lower then the left.... which I was able to tell him is ok, that every man has one that hangs lower than the other, but I could not explain the pain. 

Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you!

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Call his ped?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM
He needs to be seen there are many things that it could be from a hernia to an infection to a torsion.
jj4ij
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Really???  He seemed ok, but he did keep bringing it up.  It did peak my consern.  But I never thought of anything bad like a hernia or a torsion, which I am assuming is a tear inside the testicle? 

Thanks.

ksinclair
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

It could be as simple as an ingrown hair to a host of more serious conditions.  He obviously is hurting if he keeps bringing it up, it might hurt worse than he's letting on.  I would call his doctor.

skylarkdancer
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
A torsion is where the testicle twists on itself. Its a surgical fix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orngblsm
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Get your son to a doctor now.  Their testicles don't drop at puberty, and even if they did, it wouldn't cause pain unless something is wrong.  I would definitely be concerned if he says there is a painful bump on it.  It could just be a boil or something way more serious.  Depending on how big the difference is in the position of each testicle, that could be torsion (which is where a testicle gets twisted around, and needs to be seen immediately or the testicle "dies")  Or it could be he has an infection.  Give the kid kudos for being aware of his body and changes that may not be normal and the courage to speak up.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I would take him to the dr. my 5 year old son has never complained of testicular pain

jj4ij
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Called the doctor and he spoke to my son directly and then got back on the phone with me and he didn't seem to think there was an issue.  He said as long as it doesn't get worse then he will be ok. 

It is so strange to have my son come to me with this.  He says it is better today, but I wanted his doctor to speak to him.  The doctor didn't say what it could or could not have been, but I am wondering.......could it have been blue balls?????????  I am crazy with this thought, but could he be masterbating? And if so....could he have blue balls from not releiving himself????  I don't know what blueballs feel like and I cannot wait to ask his father, but I won't see him till tonight at eleven.  I can't ask my son that??

So I guess I will just have to wait, with crazy thoughts running through my head. 

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

i would take him in to the doctor and get it checked out mainly bc it would be a bunch of things ...but a bump and pain in the testical is what my husband felt and he had cancer (its the most curable kinds). talk with your son again and take him in to be seen just to get things checked out just to be sure 

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

jewjewbee
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I would take him to an urgent care center.

If he does have a torsion, after 24 hours or so his testicle will start to die from lack of bloodflow and his body will recognize the testicle as a foreign body and start to produce antibodies against it.

leaving him sterile as an adult.

Please take him at least to an urgent care center and let us know how he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)