Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

You know you do it too

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 388 Replies
7 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you leave your s/o on sofa if they fall asleep?

Options:

Once in a while

Heck yeah bed to myself

I co sleep so i never get bed to myself

Umm no op clearly you have a bad relationship

Nope

Great idea

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1274

View Results

I got to thinking and was wondering how many other moms do this. Your husband is watching tv and falls asleep on the sofa or in his chair whatever and your tried so you leave the light and tv on because you know if you turn it off he will wake up and come up stairs too? READ THIS CAREFULLY i love my husband to death, great sex life, love to cuddle but sometimes you just want the bed to yourself. You know spread out the whole bed to just you, no sharing blankets, no listening to him snore. I do this once a month its great. Bash away if you must.
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
25 moms liked this

Nope.  I have a harder time falling asleep when he's not there.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Momof2sillygrls
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Bump
SarahLizyB
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
My husband never falls asleep on the couch so no.
Momof2sillygrls
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Quoting jillbailey26:

Nope.  I have a harder time falling asleep when he's not there.

I do if he isnt home. So i understand
Momof2sillygrls
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting SarahLizyB:

My husband never falls asleep on the couch so no.

Got to train him ;-)
ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
11 moms liked this
My husband sleeps in the recliner all the time. He has chronic sinus problems and sleeps better propped up. So if he falls asleep there then yes I leave him there but I usually cover him up and turn off the lights and tv. Once he's asleep a stick of dynamite isn't going to wake him up! And we have a great marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
10 moms liked this
Heck yeah. He's a grown man and will come to bed when he wants to. He likes to fall asleep on the couch sometimes cuz it's so comfortable. I have an awesome relationship with hubby and feel just fine having the bed to myself every once in a while. ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheresaC7
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Heck yeah, I leave him there. I make sure his alarm is on and I take our 18 month old to go to bed. He will take my blanket and he's a bed hog. I am more than ok with him asleep on the couch.

StacyO722
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

DH always goes to bed early and falls asleep in the bed with the tv on. I'm the one who will fall asleep on the couch. I do like to have the bed to myself after he gets up in the moring to go to work. I get about 45 minutes to myself till DD wakes up.

Momof2sillygrls
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting TheresaC7:

Heck yeah, I leave him there. I make sure his alarm is on and I take our 18 month old to go to bed. He will take my blanket and he's a bed hog. I am more than ok with him asleep on the couch.

Lol sounds like my husband. I love to sleep with a heating blanket because im always cold while he loves the fan yet steals it halfway through the night so then im freezing lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN