Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Possible Gilbert's Syndrome

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

My GP ran a CMP blood panel on me last week and my bilirubin came back with a total of 2.1. Anythind above 1 is considered elevated. I had another CMP done along with a liver ultrasound today. Has anyone here had an elevated bilirubin before?

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
5BMom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I have. Did your Doctor mention Gilberts or did you find it online,?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katienmary
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

When I was at my gastroenterologist doctor's appt I asked him if that was what I possibly had. Yes, I found it online when I looked up possible causes of elevated bilirubin. My liver ultrasound came back normal and my blood test results from 2 days ago reflected a total bilirubin of 1.7. So it dropped from 1.7 to 2.1 in a week.  I feel so weak, tired and cranky. :-((((

katienmary
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

When I was at my gastroenterologist doctor's appt I asked him if that was what I possibly had. Yes, I found it online when I looked up possible causes of elevated bilirubin. My liver ultrasound came back normal and my blood test results from 2 days ago reflected a total bilirubin of 1.7. So it dropped from 1.7 to 2.1 in a week.  I feel so weak, tired and cranky. :-((((

How did they end up figuring out it was Gilbert's with you. How high did your bili get?

Mrs_Incredible
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

There are a lot of reasons your bili could be high. I have hemochromatosis and my billirubin was high when I was iron overloaded (before I got treatment)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN