Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this look like flea bites on my cat?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM
  • 22 Replies

I'm posting 3 pics so 2 will be in comments below.

She got bloody scratches like a week ago. Then I was worried it was flea bites. But I don't know! She's been getting outside lately and plays with other cats outside and hides in a big bush. But she's not like co tinually scratching. She actually doesn't really scratch more than the norm.

What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keeely07
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Side view
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keeely07
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

This is up close. It's all between her eye and ear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Hell I cant even see them. Run a fine tooth comb through her fur and check her groin area, ears, and face fur, and her butt for fleas...their favorite spots
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uhura
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Could be anything, including a reaction to something outdoors.

I'd put a flea collar on her or keep her indoors.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Keeely07
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winterglow
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I'd say it looks more like she's been in a scrap. Fleas don't leave marks on animals like that. Looks more like battle scars to me. OTOH, now that she's outdoors you should be using an anti flea and tick treatment (the easiest ones to use are the ones in pipettes - one drop between her ears and another between her shoulderblades) and also a worming treatment (you can get the same style as for the fleas and ticks).

BluEyedCrazy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Fleas like warm areas so check her good under all her legs and around the thickest fur on her neck. Fleas are easy to see if you spread the hair and search. They will try to jump out of the way from where you are searching and give themselves away.

mstevens10
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

looks like heat spots

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM
My cats had similar marks when they had fleas. I also saw flea debris as explained by vet, little specks of red on my bathroom sink when they asked for a drink. :-), I know, but they love dripping water, and I swear they NEVER get on kitchen counter.....
Mama_ninjette
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Flea collars don't do any thing but stink they don't work to keep fleas off your animals, get some frontline or advantage to keep the fleas off and those don't look like flea bite and if your cat had fleas you would know it they would be all over your house and it costs hundrens of dollars to get rid of them I have been there and done that but know that those aren't flea bite and she most likely just got into a scrap with another cat
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured