Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I saw something on here and was wondering?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is it ok to be on mediaid for a planned pregnancy?

I dont think you should PLAN ON bringing a baby into this world unless you can afford it.

I am not bashing anyone on medicaid i was one medicaid when I had my son at 16.

I was just wondering if you or anybody you knew used medicaid when they had a planned pregnancy?

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
terramarie
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM
im pregnant and on medicaid so shoot me i guess....im not working and my dh's job doesnt have company insurance so i guess we are moochers

Quoting jakesmom323:

It's taking advantage of the system if it is planned that way. Its for assistance to help get people on their feet, not mooch off of. Why our nation's debt is so high.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terramarie
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
im pregnant and on medicaid so shoot me i guess....im not working and my dh's job doesnt offer company insurance so i guess we are moochers

Quoting jakesmom323:

It's taking advantage of the system if it is planned that way. Its for assistance to help get people on their feet, not mooch off of. Why our nation's debt is so high.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Why plan a baby you can't afford?  I don't understand it at all.  I had my babies and I took care of them, financially.  Everyone else should too.  Having babies isn't a right. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

lady-J-Rock
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I did. It was my secondary insurance.

chazzamatazz
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

A wise woman once said to me:

"If you wait until you can afford to have kids, you'll never have them."

Although I thought it was funny advice at the time, I understand it now. We have three daughters and I have been on at least partial public assistance since I was pregnant with the first, some 12 years ago. It's been a struggle, and we've done the best we could, but we usually had to ask for at least a little bit of help. In the worst of times, we were on food stamps, medicade, WIC and getting some financial help with the bills, in the best of times it was just medical help (though usually we've had medical and food stamps as well.) I'm now seeking out a bachelor's degree at the local university so, hopefully, we can get out of this hole when I graduate in 2014. 

All three of my pregnancies were unplanned - though I had my first daughter as a result of stupidity (we did not use protection) the second was out of deception (my ex was cheating on me and the other girl was poking holes in his condoms) and the third was a complete mystery (I was on pills and we were using a condom - we hadn't been together long either!)

At this stage, I'm still with the father of my youngest daughter. When I was younger, I used to think that 4 kids was best and I have contemplated the logistics of having one more - but it would have to be by the time I turned 35 to try to keep away from the increased risk of Down Syndrome. It would be the first time I actually tried to get pregnant, if I went through with it.

But, to be honest, my three girls keep me so crazy and so busy that... I don't think I even want to have any more children at all! I know that decision will sadden my husband... but what can we do? We don't actually have the funds to fully support another child (though with the advice I quoted before in mind, I have to say that we never would - even if I waited until after I graduated and was lucky enough to find a $40k/year job!) I'm tired all the time, I have clinical depression and our house is never clean! Add in a baby and I'll be in this mess for at least 10 more years. -.-

No, thank you.

chazzamatazz
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

What?! Really - where in the world do you live? 

Here in the US it certainly is.

Quoting atlmom2:
  Having babies isn't a right.  

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Having pregnancy Medicaid isn't always because people are broke. Sometimes people have a hard time getting medical insurance especially while pregnant b.c they may already have pre existing health issues or concerns. Sometime those plans are well over 500.00 a month and that's just for the monthly payment that's not including co-pays or prescriptions.
mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this
um.....both hubby and i work and are jobs dont have medical insurance nor can we afford it...we wanted kids so we had them....so your basicly saying if you cant afford health ins to not have kids?......lastr time i checked most americans live in the poverty level......i have a full time job and pay taxes etc but im on medi cal and wic.....shit happens....but your perfect right?...lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lani-mommi
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You can't afford it so unfortunately you need to figure it out have a plan why should we (people who pay taxes) give our money to people instead of keeping it for our own children it's ridiculous that we have to take from our own children to pay for others that is what angers us so much it's not like government is just giving out money no we pay that money out br />
Quoting mama2my2boys:

um.....both hubby and i work and are jobs dont have medical insurance nor can we afford it...we wanted kids so we had them....so your basicly saying if you cant afford health ins to not have kids?......lastr time i checked most americans live in the poverty level......i have a full time job and pay taxes etc but im on medi cal and wic.....shit happens....but your perfect right?...lmao

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lani-mommi
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
People are completely missing the point she asked do you think people should plan a pregnancy if already on PA and no u shouldn't why so us taxpayers take money from our family to support other people's family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)