Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

does anyone know an effective method to get pregnant

Posted by   + Show Post

As i have told you guys before i have beeing ttc for 2 years and some change and it hasnt been working am i doing something wrong can anyone help me think of some methods to get me pregnant quicker and to stop longer periods is there any methods for that. Also i seem to ovulate obn my period only does anyone know what thats about??? feel free anyone to help me with advice

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Replies (71-80):
jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Okay, all seriousness this time. I've posted in another post this hint. If you have PCOS, sometimes the best way to clear out everything to get ready to get pregnant is to take a hormone based birth control for about a year. The hormones are the best way to shrink any possible cysts in the ovaries. It may mean dialing back your schedule, but once you are ready, conception is easier.

This way, too, you can help yourself avoid the heartbreak of miscarriage that often comes for PCOS women.

arigdon4
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Sex usually helps...

Sorry, im a jerk. But what helped for us while ttc was we stopped trying so hard. Relax and just enjoy each other for a few cycles and see what happens
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister has pcos. She gained a lot of weight from it. She was told she'd more than likely never have another baby. They tried for about 7 years and they ended up divorcing. She lost 100lbs, met a new Guy and accidentally got pregnant 3 months later. That baby will be 2 April 30th and she's hopefully in labor right now with their second: ) idk if your pcos caused u to gain weight but if it did try to lose some. It will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Belismom
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I know this sounds silly but when my husband and I started to ttc I got this app for my phone called baby med.
You follow the instructions basically it asks for your last period and then it tells you the best time to conceive.
Worked for me my very best friend and a friend for her who had been trying to have a baby for over a year.
Hope it helps it hasn't failed anyone yet that I know.
They have a website also I believe same thing babymed.com
Good Luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Binkys_Buttons
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I was going to suggest tequila ... It's worked awesome for me in.. the past

Quoting Christy644:

Lmao

Quoting Rachel95.:

Using 2 forms of contraceptives gave me twins.

But in all seriousness, I don't know, so here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wah-mom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:13 PM
My advice is have sex EVERY DAY. I have had people tell me this works when I suggested it to them. Forget trying to figure out when you ovulate. Just do it every day whether you feel like it or not. Lie own for a while after, don't clean up right away. Let those suckers get a chance to swim to the finish line.

I also agree that you need to relax. Stress can make it harder to conceive. If you ovulate on your period... I know it's gross, but find days or times of the day when it's not so heavy and go for it. Maybe try that if you aren't pregnant after having sex every day for 2 months (with no sex during period).

Keep us posted! :)
mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Quoting pcosadams:

Quoting nicoal4:

2 of my firend got on the pill for 2 months got off and got pregnant and that is why the dr put them on it they couldn't get pregnant

i hear you its just i become very sick which means vomiting verrrrrry heavy periods and sudden stop violent aches thick uterine shedding white and no appetite

how many birth control pills have you tried?  what's the name?  they're not all the same.  call your insurance company & asks if your Ob/gyn refers you to RE (Reproductive Endocrinology) will it be covered.  but it sounds like what you really need is another doctor. i don't know why people continue to stay with the same one if they're not getting anywhere. 

and if you are trying to have a baby & have pcos you're going to have to be more proactive in researching and finding things out to give yourself a chance.  most of the advice given here is for people without medical problems so they aren't going to work for you until you get your pcos under control. 

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM
RELAX!!! I know it's hard, but stress can mess with fertility.

Ovulation kits
Sex 3-4 times a week

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frugalmomwannab
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I know you can't take bc but have you tried low estrogen high progesterone bc? I also could not take bc because of same side effects but it was because of estrogen. Also progesterone suppositories work wonders. If you can take le bc, take 2 everyday for 2 months. This will cause the lining to thicken dramatically and you will have a heavy flow but it helps give you a chance to stop bleeding long enough to ovulate and for the egg to stick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennifermccoy88
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Try taking a multivitamin everyday + have intercourse every other day on your fertile days. That's the last thing I tried before I got pregnant after a year of trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)