Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perfect jeans

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you pay $50 for perfectly made Jeans?

Options:

yes

no

maybe

sometimes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

I work in retail and over the last month I have had 10 to 20 people first ask me if I sew and then tell me I should make jeans because 1) I know not every woman is a stick figure like models and 2) because most women who are pear shaped there jeans fall to there hips no matter if you have a belt on or not. Trust this I know I hate jean shopping because if I can't find hip huggers or low rise jeans I don't even try them on no point all it does is make me mad because 99% of designers think that if you have hips you must have a pudgy tummy sad truth is false. I have hips but no where close to matching my tummy. Anyways if I started making jeans that were more aimed towards wide hips, small tummy would you pay them to fit you, somewhere between the price of $50 to $75?

CafeMom Tickers

Owner of Seattle Tattoo Momma's                          http://www.cafemom.com/group/109919/

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:54 AM

i chose maybe, because i cant decide if i would...i hate jeans and maybe only wear them once a year.  lol.  but the reason whyyy i hate them is because all they do is fall down, and i get sick and tired of haveing to lift them up again.  so unless i could get a 100% guarantee they wouldnt fall off, then no, i wouldnt.  at the same time, i dont want people measuring me..LOL. thats embrassing  ;)

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I would ask for mesurements so you would be doing the mesurments and I would so use my friends before ever selling/giving to population so that way I know where to fix my misses if that makes sense.

Quoting alexis_06:

i chose maybe, because i cant decide if i would...i hate jeans and maybe only wear them once a year.  lol.  but the reason whyyy i hate them is because all they do is fall down, and i get sick and tired of haveing to lift them up again.  so unless i could get a 100% guarantee they wouldnt fall off, then no, i wouldnt.  at the same time, i dont want people measuring me..LOL. thats embrassing  ;)

CafeMom Tickers

Owner of Seattle Tattoo Momma's                          http://www.cafemom.com/group/109919/

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

do you ever watch the show "sharktank"??  in canada we have a version of that show called "dragons den"...now i cant remember which one of those shows it was on..but there was a lady that went on that show and pitched the idea for "perfect jeans"...and as great as idea that it was/is...they all said there was no market for it...

i get it tho, cuz i honeslty would loooove to have a pair of jeans that fit me perfect..then maybe i would wear them more often.  i mean, maybe its cuz im a bigger girl, thats why they dont fit properly, i dunno....but...it would be nice!!

Quoting Bookoholic:

I would ask for mesurements so you would be doing the mesurments and I would so use my friends before ever selling/giving to population so that way I know where to fix my misses if that makes sense.

Quoting alexis_06:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yeah I know, it would be like extra income for me, but I was trying to post a pic of me but my computer wouldn't let me my largest is size 18 smallest is 12 and my smallest I was able to find my perfect jean, but anything after 14 I've found im SOL. Maybe I'll make a pair for you and send them to you and you can tell me what you think. I'm not making them quite yet but trying to get yes no kind of thing ya know? What color jeans do you like if or when I start making them?

Quoting alexis_06:

do you ever watch the show "sharktank"??  in canada we have a version of that show called "dragons den"...now i cant remember which one of those shows it was on..but there was a lady that went on that show and pitched the idea for "perfect jeans"...and as great as idea that it was/is...they all said there was no market for it...

i get it tho, cuz i honeslty would loooove to have a pair of jeans that fit me perfect..then maybe i would wear them more often.  i mean, maybe its cuz im a bigger girl, thats why they dont fit properly, i dunno....but...it would be nice!!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting alexis_06:

CafeMom Tickers

Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Ah hell, I'm a size 0-1 in jeans and I have a hell of a time finding ones that fit. Hollister and Zco jeans are the only ones that perfectly fit. I'll pick the 10$ clearance Zco jeans at gordmans (the ones without the bedazzle crap) over 40$ to 80$ HCO jeans anyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Lol...since I pay $100-$170 for near perfect jeans that would be a bargain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I picked maybe. I don't wear jeans that often but it would be nice to have atleast one pair that fit nice!

MomNChandler
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

if they fit me perfectly most definitely. Usually i just buy walmart jeans cuz they're cheep and usually just as comfortable as name brand, super expensive jean lol

FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Oh I only wish I could find jeans that are only $50 that look great.  I usually get NYDJ which are around $100, and I cherrish every pair.  The look amazing and hold in my gut and lift my butt, so totally worth it for me.

newmom0508
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I don't think that's too far off. Levi's and American eagle jeans for me best and still aren't perfect cheapest I can get them on sale is like $35 so for a custom pair I think that $50 is reasonable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)