Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About ready to cry... How can this be?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM
  • 36 Replies

My husband and I are trying to concieve. We have 3 beautiful boys, and would love 1 more child. All this month, we have had sex sometimes 2 to 3 times a day. I was so sure that this was going to happen this month. Today, I got my period. I know it's only been 1 month of trying, but I am actually a bit sad about it. Isn't it crazy that we had sex so many times, did not skip a day, and were relaxed and having fun the whole time, so how did it not take?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
5 moms liked this
Because you had sex so much :) when you're ttc, it's recommended to have sex every other day or longer so there's enough time for his sperm count to build back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Yep. 

Quoting sreichelt26:

Because you had sex so much :) when you're ttc, it's recommended to have sex every other day or longer so there's enough time for his sperm count to build back up.

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I'm sorry, I know it's hard when you don't get a positive.  It took us three years to conceive my third- sometimes it does just take a while.  

:(

Join us in the Trying to Conceive group

nanasue31204
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Relax and don't think about catching that egg, everytime I've been pregnant I was so worried and just wanted to get pregnant the first try and I was disappointed every time. When I just said screw it and we just had sex because we felt like it we got our bfps. Also everyday not good for ttc, sperm need a bit of time to mature so most likely if you cut back some you'll catch the egg. Good luck and lots of baby dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Try having sex every other day...you get better sperm that way.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

This is exactly what I was going to say. Slow down a bit, it will happen:)

Quoting sreichelt26:

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM

This...

Quoting sreichelt26:

ItsKodisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

You THINK  you were relaxed and having fun the whole time, but really you might have been stressed without knowing it, because of how badly you want to become pregnant. I'm not very experienced, I am just pregnant with my first child, but I do know what it feels like to think something is going so well, but worrying that it won't. Hang in there. It'll definitely happen when it's supposed to!!

CafeMom Tickers
TAG2.0
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Um, it takes TIME.

LilDzMamma2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Wow rude much????

OP good luck!!!!

Quoting TAG2.0:

Um, it takes TIME.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)