Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do or what to think!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

So 2 weeks ago i was in a lot of pain. So i called the doctor that saw me Tuesday, My doctor said she though it was a cyst and sent me for a ultrasound Thursday. Friday my doctor calls me and says I have a tumor on my uterus. And he will see me on the 2nd. I am freaking out! Why would he not tell me if it was or was not cancer?!?! And why do i have to wait so long to get back into the doctors? Another thing i want to have another baby and everyone is saying i am selfish because i could die no matter what and blah blah.. If i have cancer then i do want to maybe have 1 more baby before they take my girl parts. :) but i feel like everyone is against me. I know in my heart i want another baby., But i don't want to harm myself or my other children because of it. I just don't know. Everyone wants to talk about it and i don't care to talk about it until i know for sure what is going on with me. so I am just lost and feel like i have NO ONE to turn to at all. It is a really crappy feeling. Knowing i could have cancer and not sure how bad it is or any thing. Any advice and do you think i am selfish?? 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Um, they cant tell if it is cancerous by the ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

first calm down sweety...IF it is cancer I'm sure the dr can't tell just from the ultrasound, you'll need a biopsy...and IF it is cancer, atleast they caught it now and not after you got pregnant again.  and IF it is cancer that doesn't mean you can't have another baby, I had a friend that got uterine cancer after having her 2nd baby and she went on to have 2 more kids just fine.  and it may NOT be cancer, it may just be a fatty tumor or an odd mass that isn't cancer.  Just try not to stress still after you know it is or not.  *hugs* I'll send some good vibes your way

Derari
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Hugs sending you prayers. As Esme just said calm down, take a deep breath and just process it...get through the appointment first, see what he says.
MOMMYTOCHUPS
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Thank you both! I have everyone on my a$$ because i know i want another baby. My head is spinning and i dont want to think about it but the people i have told who i though would be here for me are just making me feel worst about the whole thing.

outtamymynd
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM
They have to go in and do a biopsy, they can't tell by sight whether or not its cancerous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMYTOCHUPS
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

That is what i tell everyone. but they wont leave it alone. I said lets just see what they tell me. I dont want to worry myself sick over what ifs. I want to wait until i know for sure. :) 

Quoting Derari:

Hugs sending you prayers. As Esme just said calm down, take a deep breath and just process it...get through the appointment first, see what he says.

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

and really sweety even IF it is cancer, that doesn't mean you can't have more kids down the road when you beat it.  Like I said I have a friend who got cancer because of her 2nd pregnancy(they told her she was having twins but one turned out to be a mass) and afterwards she had chemo and everything, got rid of the cancer and they told her she would never have anymore kids but low and behold she had 2 more healthy babies.

I have another friend who while she was pregnant with her ds(back in 07) was told she had a cancer, she had her son way early so she could have it removed and start treatments...she is alive and well and NO MORE CANCER!  They were afraid that they wouldnt have another baby and were looking into surragates when BAM! shes pregnant!  She still has a few medical issues due to the tumor BUT no cancer and very lucky.

http://vimeo.com/26897634

Quoting MOMMYTOCHUPS:

That is what i tell everyone. but they wont leave it alone. I said lets just see what they tell me. I dont want to worry myself sick over what ifs. I want to wait until i know for sure. :) 

Quoting Derari:

Lilypie Fith Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM

If you are concerned, call your doctor and ask if they can move up the appointment.

Or make an appointment with a different doctor.

LoreleiSieja
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

You are not selfish, but you are getting upset too early in the game. Save your energy for when you need it.  When they spot a mass in an ultrasound, they have to schedule a biopsy. That's when they take a tissue sample of the mass and test that for cancer cells.  That will tell them if it is cancerous, and perhaps how fast it is growing.  That will answer a lot of your questions. If the mass is small, they may be able to remove it without doing a hysterectomy.  Of course, if it is not cancerous, then they can remove it without harming your uterus.

If it is agressive cancer, then you must have it dealt with, and consider adoption or surrogate motherhood.

As for what everyone else is saying, ignore them. Except for your husband, no one else's opinioin matters.  In fact, you might chose NOT to discuss your health issues with anyone else except your husband and doctor.  It is private and they do not need to confuse you.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I endured cervical cancer that returned 2 times after treatment. Even after a successful conical procedure I became pregnant, twice and carried successfully without a cervical cerclage. FTR I was 38 with my first pregnancy and 40 with my second.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)