• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend driving me crazy!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 11 Replies

I know when you're pregnant your hormones are all out of whack, but I feel like mine are TOO out of whack. My boyfriend act like a child and assumes growing up means he needs to change who he is 100%. It's gotten to the point where just being next to him bothers me, and the little smileys he puts at the end of a text message make me want to smash my phone. He is pretty smothering, even when he tries not to be, and I've tried talking to him about it, but he "pouts" and gets offended. Is something wrong with me? I want to be in love with him the way I was before we got pregnant. And I want to feel the same way. Can things change once the baby is here? I'll take any advice possible!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG2.0
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hormones, just be nice.

SamiiSecurity
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I feel the same way most days. My boyfriend just pisses me off with everything he does. It's all part of being pregnant! Hormones suck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM

It is probably hormones-  my guess anyway.  If you think it could be you, try taking some calming exercises, such as yoga or tai chi so that you can keep your cool better. When something bothers you,  breathe before you react.  It may come to couples counseling.

ItsKodisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm never mean to him, and I do keep my cool. If he bugs me too much, I just take time to myself. I'm just hoping this feeling doesnt last. He also tried helping me when i dont want help. For example, ill be cooking something and the timer will go off. I'm closest to it, but he will rush to turn it off for me to help. It drives me NUTS! I tell him that and he says hes sorry and that he just wants to help. I tell him i appreciate it but that I will ask when i need help. He agreed to deal with that, but he still tries getting in front of me to help me!

CafeMom Tickers
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Let him help. It sounds as though he wants to be a part of the pregnancy and this is his way. Or try to find something else he can do to help you. Foot rubs? neck rubs?

ItsKodisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I try my best, but I dont even want him to touch me.

I know he means well, and i dont get angry with him cause I know he just wants to help, but I just dont want his help. He does help with cleaning and stuff and i tell him all the time that I appreciate it, and I do what I can to let him know that i appreciate how much he wants to help, but everything about him just bugs me right now. I hate it :(

CafeMom Tickers
TAG2.0
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Quoting ItsKodisMommy:

I try my best, but I dont even want him to touch me.

I know he means well, and i dont get angry with him cause I know he just wants to help, but I just dont want his help. He does help with cleaning and stuff and i tell him all the time that I appreciate it, and I do what I can to let him know that i appreciate how much he wants to help, but everything about him just bugs me right now. I hate it :(

You could have the opposite in a man, a lazy prick who does nothing. Im sure those women would love to trade with you. Be greatful and thankful you have a good man. It could be worse.

marscella
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
While this is not a funny situation AT ALL, I must say u made me lol when u said u wanted to smash ur phone bcuz of the smiley faces he puts at the end of his texts!!! To tell u the truth I'm pretty sure ur hormones are just amped up ATM and things will calm down eventually once u have this baby and I'm sure u will go back to being able to stand him.

For now, try to work around him. By that I mean, does he work? If so, maybe make dinner and have it ready when he gets home. Or if that's not possible, assign him a " task" around the house while u cook ;) it'll keep him out of ur hair and he ll feel like he's helping you! It's a win- win! And maybe just tell him " honey, while I appreciate the smileys at the end of ALL UR TEXTS, But seriously, it drives me mad so could u please just stop! " be honest with him and one day u two will b able to look back and laugh at the way ur hormones were when u were pregnant.
terramarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM
don't use your "crazy hormones" due to pregnancy to be a bitch. It sounds like he just wants to be 100% involved and make things as easy as possible for you. Be appreciative that you have a man who is willing to do so much for you. Try not to be so "testy"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ItsKodisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

im not sure how many times i need to say that im not mean to him. im not a bitch and i dont say anything mean. when i talk to him about things, i am calm and i make sure he knows i appreciate what he does do. I didnt want people telling me to stop being a jerk, because once again, i havent been. I just dont feel how i did before i became pregnant, so im trying to figure things out and just wanted a little advice.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)