Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

We have a 6 year old son,and a 5 year old daughter.Our daughter will say she is hungry all day long at least every 30 minutes.The problem is when we make her something to eat she will maybe eat a couple bites,and say she is done.I would not care so much if she would eat it,because she tells us what she wants.Then in a little bit she will say she is hungry again.I do not want her to be hungry,but I also hate wasteing food.I grew up in alot of placements,and did not get to eat much. 

juniorsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
breezymomma92
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Just feed her like an apple or ants on a log, healthy easy hard to waste foods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Make her smaller portions, I eat the same way, small infrequent meals, always have, its actually supposed to be healthier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Have set meal and snack times and stick to it.If she's not eating much when you do give her food,she obviously isn't going to starve in between meal times.

Elise_Gurrola
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
mu dh is a lot like that. i just told her i am not making several meals for you you eat when we eat and can have 2 snacks a day. she still says she is full after taking some bites. it drives me crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emandab
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Has she always been like this or is it recent? And could she be constipated?  If it's recent and she's constipated that will affect her eating. I can always tell when one of mine is cause they eat a much smaller amount then ususal for 2 or more meals in a row.  If she's always been like this then I would suggest what pp said. and get her meals and snacks in order and stick to it.  Breakfast, no snack, lunch, small snack (graham crackers, fig newtons, and apple, something healthy) dinner and small snack before bed.  She's not going to starve in between and she'll learn to eat when she's supposed to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)