Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to get married?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

we are getting re-married to one another (we were married, divoreced & are back together, long story I will spare you!) ~~ Im thinking we should just go to city/town clerk/hall or the courthouse....has anyone ever gone this route? 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

We originally married at the courthouse.We wanted it to be just the two of us and it was perfect.Then we had our big wedding 5 months later with friends and family.

cheezit47
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting MrsApple:

We originally married at the courthouse.We wanted it to be just the two of us and it was perfect.Then we had our big wedding 5 months later with friends and family.

Thank you! I've been looking online and NH doesn't offer much information, but I see that a lot of places like the town halls etc... don't do it, I found 2 town clerks that do =) thanks!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Look up Justice of the Peace.  SIL had one come to her house instead of trying to fit everyone at the courthouse.  Courthouses here do it, not town halls.

Owl_Feather
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
That's what we did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would just go to Town Hall. Congrats in advance :)

Mom2Addison12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM

i got talked out of that one.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yes, my husband and I went to the courthouse and got married. It was nicer than I expected - they had an area where we could've had guests and even a reception there if we'd wanted, but we didn't know about it, lol, so we just said our vows, signed the papers, and left. It only cost us $45 and we were in and out in under an hour, lol, so my parents (who had surprised us by showing up there, as well as my bff and her son) treated us to lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Quick, easy, inexpensive, and stress-free. :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:58 AM

congrats!!!  i think city hall is the way to go!

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I have friends that have gotten married at the courthouse.  I also have friends who were married, got divorced, and got remarried to each other :).  They chose to have one of their friends go through an online ordination, and got married in their backyard in shorts and tshirts with some of their closest friends.  We had lots of fun and it was very low key and informal.

LindaClement
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Do anything you want.

If you want a party and can afford one, do it. If you want a formal party, have one. If you want an informal party, do that.

There is not etiquette rule about the scale of subsequent weddings --the only ones that are supposed to be low-key are the shotgun ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)