• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please stop telling me....vent

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dear idiotic doctor that I'm about to fire,

Please stop telling me that my disease is not a big deal.  I know you think multiple sclerosis is not a big deal and that my reaction to my diagnosis (crying) was over the top.  You keep telling me this I'm sure because it is your lame ass attempt to make me feel better.  I understand that I am not going to die for at least 20 years.  Fyi...Living with any disease for 20 years is no picnic and your minimalization is annoying.  Its so annoying that I wish I could punch you in the face and plead temporary insanity because you are driving me F***ing crazy. 

Vent over.  I feel better now.  I still hate doctors though.

angry

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, what an asshole!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
*hugs*
lioness3e
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Awwww... I'm so sorry. I don't think they teach good bedside manners in medical school. I've had a few awesome doctors and a few clients who are doctors and are wonderful with people. But I think there are more out there that just have no clue. 

I hope you find one who can somehow relate and be more sensitive to the situation you are facing.

katilyn544
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry :(

Bunni23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt like this with last obgyn...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tonesofhome
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i am so sorry, i was diagnosed a year ago at 26. please pan me if you feel the need.

katemma
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. You need to get a doctor who didn't get his degree on the Internet. What an ass. ((hugs))
StacyO722
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you're deaing with an a-hole Dr. It's amazing how many of them there are out there. I have one that I can't get rid of. Definitely find another if you can, good luck :)

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Thank you!  Some doctors just don't get it.  I guess that is one of those things that can't be taught. 

Quoting lioness3e:

Awwww... I'm so sorry. I don't think they teach good bedside manners in medical school. I've had a few awesome doctors and a few clients who are doctors and are wonderful with people. But I think there are more out there that just have no clue. 

I hope you find one who can somehow relate and be more sensitive to the situation you are facing.

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting tonesofhome:

i am so sorry, i was diagnosed a year ago at 26. please pan me if you feel the need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)