Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unsure about my pregency

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
I had a m/c in feberuary of this year, at 16 weeks. I am currently am 5 weeks pregnant. The probelm is I dont feel close to this pregnency like I was with the last one. I dont feel the same excitment as did. I got mixed feelings with this pregency. Has anyone been here before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
megs424420
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
It's probably just fears about losing another pregnancy. Sorry momma! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Yes, I completely understand. I think it's a way to prepare yourself for a possible bad outcome. I say I don't cry as much if I barely acknowledge that I am pregnant. 

terramarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM
3 moms liked this
this! Im 38 weeks and this is my 5th pregnancy but first fullterm. It's kind of hard to be excited when you are scared of the outcome. Thankfully it's been perfect this time around! Best wishes to you!

Quoting megs424420:

It's probably just fears about losing another pregnancy. Sorry momma! Hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I, too, miscarried around the same time. And when I got pregnant again about four months later with my son, I didn't feel excited at all at first. I was anxious and nervous. I did almost nothing. I stopped working about three months before he was born to make sure he was ok.
I think it's normal. Don't stress yourself out about it. You've got 35 weeks to get used to the baby.
Goo luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacc5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Yes, my fourth one, I wasn't even close to wanting to get pregnant, my third was only three months old. I was crying to my dad on the phone about it and he came out and asked are you getting an abortion, Oh my gosh really is that what I sounded like. No of course I wasn't, but he pointed out to me that I was just not in my right place at the right time, like I was with the others. Anyways, it is ok to feel this way, and no matter how you feel in a short time there is going to be a beautiful baby that you will love and raise just as deeply and with as much ambition as you do with your others. Just breath and don't feel guilty, it isn't good for the baby :-)

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Yes.  It is because of the emotional trauma of losing your first.  Be at peace. 5 weeks is still very early, when the  baby is closer to term you will feel differently.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally understandable. Look at it as you're guarding yourself against the pain of another M/C. In the back of your mind, you think if you don't get as close to this one, it won't hurt as bad. Not rational by any stretch, but it's a natural feeling. The further along you get the more attached you'll be :-)

Sorry about your M/C, but congrats on this pregnancy. Hope all goes well!

Bunni23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM
This is my second pregency. I have no children. I was very excited & wanted my baby but m/c... I just have mixed feelings & keep thinking the worse could happen. Mainly I wanted to be prepared & have a planned pregency. Been wanting a baby. I dont even feel pregnant right
now. I honestly dont know how to feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mm_mom515
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I'm sure it's just nerves.  You'll get a connection, it may just take time since you lost the other one.  I'm sorry for your loss, by the way.  I bet after you start feeling him or her move you'll start feeling a connection.

bbmkfo03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Yes and it's totally normal. Although I've only had 1st trimester losses, I'm now 19 weeks and finally starting to connect with this baby and get excited about being pregnant. It was so hard at first because I spent most of my time worrying about everything. In the beginning I refused to talk about this baby or acknowledge it to anyone but DH because I didn't want to get attached just in case. I still think about losing this baby at times but it's not daily like in the beginning. Basically I know I won't feel 100% good about this pregnancy until this baby is in my arms. The further along you get the more attached you'll feel. I'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)