Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have this coworker and she is a nice girl but can drive me nuts. She keeps on complaining about everyone else. What they do, what they get what she doesn't and so on. To top it off after having a talk with our supervisor I found out she was lying to get sympathy. She is with a different guy almost every week and they are all have had crushes on her for years. (In my eyes she is not attractive but that's just my opinion) and to top it all off I don't know anyone that misses as much work as she does. How do you tell a person like this you are not interested in her guy stories and how everyone has it better then her? Without hurting her feelings of course. It drives me nuts and brings me down at work. (Sorry for the rant needed to vent)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I would answer her with humor. At least It would make me giggle. When she says something like This guy steves been chasing me for years I would autmaticallly say Of course and I bet his best friend is too. when she talks shit about co workers say Hey Did ya ever think they might be talking shit about us ? (shocked look on face) she will get sick of it and shut up.

mamacc5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Honestly where she parks her pants isn't anyones business, and the truth is we are all at work to finance our family's lives, meaning you can choose to just say, "I am sorry I have work to do, and good luck with that." Or just be honest with her,  your life doesn't belong in my work day, and it makes it harder for us to be productive when you expose to much of yourself, I would like to just get back to my day." Be honest with out being a total jerk, it is possible. Oh you can always just choose not to listen or allow her to impose on your life too. Becuase it only matters what you do, not what she does, those are her decisions for her life, not yours.

Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd ignore it. Change the subject when it comes up. Or just flat out tell her she's getting too personal and you don't want to hear it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)