Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Fat!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
My son is 3 months old and i am the weight i was before i had him but i still have bad baby fat. I only have a month to get rid of it. I am the maid of honnor at my friends wedding on may 25. And i kinda look pregnant when i wear it. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of it in such a short time??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I've heard the poochy skin is damn near impossible to get rid of. Have you thought about one of those tummy cincher things? I see them in the bra section everywhere, they go around your midsection and have the hook and eye clasps like bras do.

HisAngel91
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I was thinking about getting one.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I've heard the poochy skin is damn near impossible to get rid of. Have you thought about one of those tummy cincher things? I see them in the bra section everywhere, they go around your midsection and have the hook and eye clasps like bras do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StacyO722
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Try some Spanx.

jbyrd898
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I would try some spanx AND start a diet-weight watchers works well.

LoreleiSieja
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Breast feeding is supposed to help... but if you aren't already, it's too late now to start.  When you figure it out - let me know!  My youngest is 22, and I still have that poochy fat below my navel.

Rhiannon92
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Breastfeeding did it for me. I am lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight too. Other than that I would just say eat healthy, drink LOTS of water and stay active. :)

sweetnsexymom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I would say sit ups to tighten and firm those stomach muscles. I have also heard those wrap and lose things work great for taking off a little extra(I'm way over weight otherwise I would try them). They sell the generic brand at Walmart.

You could also try a waist cincher like a pp said. Or spanx(they have cheap versions of those at Walmart too, I have one).

Good luck and I'm sure you will look great by the wedding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quoting StacyO722:

Try some Spanx.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
capecoralmom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I would watch how many calories you are eating in a day and be conscious of portion sizes. Try not to go over 1,200 calories in a day and meats should not exceed the size of a dish sponge. The amount of food you eat at every meal should be able to fit in the palm of your hand. Also, go onto the tv and find a workout to do ( i did barry's boot camp 47$ on amazon and carmen electra)( each was about a 20 minute workout). Do the workout one day and take a long walk (1-2 miles) the next. When you start to build up your stamina then take a walk and workout the same day ( walk in the morning, workout in the afternoon or evening).
*i did this and it worked for me, I am not a doctor*

That is what I did and I lost my pregnancy weight plus another 20 pounds over time. Seeing as you only have one month, start doing some kind of workout now because it will make you feel better about yourself and anything like spanx will help in your problem areas:)
katemma
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Go for walks! It's suppose to be one of the best exercises you can do. Bring baby with. Wear baby on you in a carrier and the added weight will help with burning more calories. If you want a snack try fruit and veggies or try 100 calorie packs (but only eat one). Drink more water and stay away from pop. Try things like leg lifts and toe touches when your watching tv. Use your baby as a weight. And eat things high In calcium, it's said to help flatten your belly. : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)