Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

same name....grrrr

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well I just found out that the name we chose for our boy is the exact same boy name my husband and his exwife had chosen before they found out they were having a girl. I had asked my husband before we found out what ours was what boy name they had picked out when they were preg with Callie and he told me they didn't have a name chosen. But we went to drop of sd today and she told her mom that this was her brother Ryan Edward, and her mom responded with " that was gonna be your name if u would have been a boy." This irritated me enough that I would consider changing it if my sd didn't already have it down pat. She is so persistent and tells everyone that this is her brother Ryan Edward. I'm just so irritated that my husband didn't remember that it was a name they had chosen. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but it still hurts this is my first child and even picking out the name should have been something special and now its not. It's like I didn't even have a part in picking out the name. Quote Like
Edit Delete
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BensMom12412
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it was an accident, but if you really feel like that's not something you want don't do it. Talk to your DH and see if he would consider changing, yes your DD will have to adjust but its your kid too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheresaC7
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I think you will regret not changing it. I agree that DD will adjust fine to a change.

5BMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Wow....of course your husband remembered. I would totally change it...after reaming him a new one!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

If you are not happy with the name now, definitely change it. 

opal10161973
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe YOUR son was always meant to have that name. Why change it over an Ex? Not worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Do you love the name?   That is the most important question.   This is yours and DH first child together...you can't change the past, you are not in competition with his past life.      My DH has a son and daughter from his previous marriage, his son is a Junior.    So what.   We chose other family names for their middle names.

Think of it this way..... the ex wife will likely not use YOUR son's name's if she has a baby boy!

capecoralmom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Maybe he always wanted that name for his son. Of you two, who came up with the name? Did he suggest it? If so then I bet this would most likely be the situation.
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Let it go.....lifes too precious to waste on what ifs.

Mrs_Incredible
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I would let it go....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I woud let it go, as well. Although, I can undertsand why you would be irritated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)