Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know who you will vote for?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

Amendment One is going to be on the ballot. So is the presidency of the USA. I am on the fence about both. I like some provisions of the amendment but not all. I like some things about our likely choices for president but not all. I am am a registered Republican but have always voted for the person...not the party. I have always exercised my right to vote and will do so this time also. If the election were today it would be a coin toss. I really hope I can make up my mind soon.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I'm not voting at all.
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I don't live in your state but if I were I would not be on the fence at all. I would vote against Amendment One. Things like that should never be legislated, IMO. I'm all for GBLT issues.

Also I think the republican candidates are joke like now. They don't even put up a real political platform anymore. Instead they have "spin issue pieces" and such posted. It's horrible.

I used to vote republican for fiscal reasons but they've totally messed us up that way and continue to erode the voter base and make worse and worse decisions. Plus right now they are doing war on women and seniors. I could never vote for any of them even if they didn't look like crazy cartoons of politicians.

Furthermore I like Obama. I voted for him, my first democrat ever, before and will again. In the last decade or possibly even two I've been doing protest vote with third party candidates I didn't entirely dislike. My voting for Obama was the first time in a long time I've voted for someone rather than against someone else.

I thought McCain might be alright. If it had been between him and Clinton, I might have voted for him. Until he put Palin on the ballot. That's when I knew he was a loose cannon that couldn't be trusted. That has certainly continued to be the case. I think even he was relieved when he didn't get elected.

The only shocking thing about the last election was how small the margin of the win was given that Obama had EVERYTHING going for him. This time he has everything going for him again except for those that are scared of everything.

Regardless I will never not vote. It's both a privilege and a responsibility that I don't take lightly.

lioness3e
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I just registered in Ohio to vote. I moved here 11 months ago. Yes, I will be voting. However, I beleive this type of thing is personal and never share how I vote.

Guess it's how I was raised and my parent's were raised. Voting was always a private thing. No one should have to defend how and why they voted the way they did.

At this point, all I can say is, I'm not sure how I'm going to vote. This will be the hardest year in all the years I've voted.

lioness3e
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

So true! Many are not given the privilege, as we have been given. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Regardless I will never not vote. It's both a privilege and a responsibility that I don't take lightly.

opinionatedmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM

nobody they are all idiots

duttonwood
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

why do you like Obama? Do  y ou realize what "OBAMA CARE" would do to all of us working people?  Its cheaper to pay for the Dr. as we go.

SamiiSecurity
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Deff not Obama! Never liked him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom0508
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Could you please describe in detail what you think Obama care would do? Also, your sources... That would be more helpful. Thanks

Quoting duttonwood:

why do you like Obama? Do  y ou realize what "OBAMA CARE" would do to all of us working people?  Its cheaper to pay for the Dr. as we go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I will always vote also. The last election was not shocking at all. For the first time ever we were going to have a black president or a woman vice president. So of course the vote was going to be close. Obama did NOT have everything going for him. He had 2 very big obstacles....his race and his name. And he absolutely no foreign policy experience. My decision has not yet been made.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:01 AM

i'm in canada, so my opinion doesnt matter..LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)