Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I just need to talk hoping someone can tell me they have fealt like i do.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

Im a single mother and i love being a mom more then anything else in the world. but being a single parent in not easy and i feel like my family doesnt understand that sometimes. I have a wonderful family and they help me so much and for that i am thankful. I work full time and i struggle to make ends meet, and when i talk about getting a second job noone seems to want me to do that out fear of working myself to death and the fact of spending less time with my child. But i stay so depressed because there is not enough money to go do things just for fun after the bills are paid. anyways i hope things will get some better soon. My biggest goal in life is to be a good mom and i feel like im failing

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy134
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Yiu are not failing sounds to me like you are a great mom and only care about giving your child the best. My mom was a single mom to i am sorry life is tough for you i don't know if you are religous but i have always been told the lord never gives you more than u can handle and i believe that i think things will get better for you will be praying for you Hugs:)

mommyluv0686
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I am not a single mom but i do completely unerstand where u r coming from after my bills are paid i for the most part dont even have gas money much less money to go some place fun i havent been able to take my daughter to the park in about 5 months in fear that id be wasting to much gas money because the park is about 5 miles from my house its pitiful and i also feel like im failing im paying bills just barely with no room for anything else hopefully it gets betterfor the both of us!!

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:09 AM
I feel you on the finances. I am not nor have I ever been a single mom, but I am sure that is even more pressure. Maybe try some fun cheap stuff... We have movie nights (redbox is a buck, plus everyone has some movies at home, or Netflix) cuddle up with some popcorn or ice cream and have a movie night. We do picnics (parks or even in the yard)... Scavenger hunts through the neighborhood (have the child look for flowers and plants or give them clues and see what they come up with).... Memories are made based on quality time, not the money you spend...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom was a single mom who had three jobs and so for that, my sister raised me.. I remember hard times and living off of cheese burger macaroni.. Dh came from a completely different back ground and his parents are still together.. Don't get another job.. You will regret out and so will your child.. My mom was never included in many of my child his memories..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Oh hun your not failing your doing your best hun pm me if u wanna talk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katienmary
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:44 AM
What type of job do u have? Im wondering if going back to school would be an option. Maybe u need a better career that pays more? Im sure u could qualify for student loans. Dont think 2 jobs would make u happier just more stressed.
katienmary
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM
By the way you are not failing. Your daughter is so cute.
sweetieiv
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM
You are deffinately not failing. Have you tried to get pa? They can help with food or cash and daycare cost and if you apply and are eligible you can use it for a little while and save money during that time. I know a lot of moms are against pa so I'm sorry for suggestion it if you are one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdgd21
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I agree! when there is no more money to spend you have to get creative, parks, beaches, libraries, FREE-CYCLE!  Jpoin a co-op or start something with some other single moms. I knew of some folks (and these people where married but BROKE) where one person would buy soda, the other would buy a cheep snack or popcorn (that all they could buy), and they'd just hang!  

I have been where you are and believe me, it can work. I felt that way before , I worked 2 jobs and it ended with the sitter badly abusing my son!  3 fractured ribs and blood on both side of the brain, it's not worth it, he lived (praise God), he is 13, but I still carry the guilt in my heart, Money is not worth it.

You are in my prayers.

hugging

Quoting steffielou_who:

My mom was a single mom who had three jobs and so for that, my sister raised me.. I remember hard times and living off of cheese burger macaroni.. Dh came from a completely different back ground and his parents are still together.. Don't get another job.. You will regret out and so will your child.. My mom was never included in many of my child his memories..

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:36 AM

i'm a single mom, always have been. (daughter is 8) money frickin sucks!! i have 3 jobs....but they all pay very little a month..i'm lucky if i make $800/month total.  its sooo hard!! yes my family helps out alot (daughter and i live in my parents basement for very cheap rent..300/month..plus they babysit for free)...but..i dont have money for her to go into dance, or soccer, or swimming..stuff she WANTS to do sooo badly!! and for THAT i feel like a failure....so i get it...all i do is take one day at a time...best of luck to BOTH of us :)  (if ya ever need to talk, feel free to message me)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN