Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question for those who have had a Caesarean section?

Posted by   + Show Post

I hope you don't mind me posting this here and I know the question is a bit strange coming from someone with 3 vaginal births, but I was curious:

Do moms who have given birth through C-section have to abstain from sex after birth? If so, do they have to abstain as long as is recommended for those who had a vaginal birth or less?

I figured that, since you are recovering from surgery, you'll still want to abstain to keep pressure off of the area. Plus it also makes sense that certain positions would be terribly uncomfortable and you might have to worry about strainn caused by lifting and what-not. .... 

I'm just not sure. 

Thanks in advance for appeasing my curiousity. ^.^'

pregnancy due date

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:26 AM
Replies (31-33):
Jenniferb34d
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

When I told my doctor I wanted to have sex, he said it was fine as long as I go slow to see how much I could handle. It was ultimately up to me as to how I was feeling. I started the week after my son was born. Finding a comfortable position was the hardest thing to do.

siren77
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM

You are not going to want to have sex for probably 6 weeks or more, believe me.  It was all I could do to "roll" out of bed or get up from a chair for the first week....and I had to constantly to take care of my new baby.  It is rough for that first week especially...then you start having weird shooting pains around the incision site and it stays a little tender for a while.

lilmomma22487
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Due to a pelvis bone fusion I had to have 3 c-sections. And after all 3 I was told to wait 4-6 week before having sex, sometimes longer though depending on how your incision heals and such. And YES it will hurt when you first do it again, I didn't ever wanna have sex after that first time. You have to use tons of lube til you can comfortably do it again. But that's just my experience. Everyone is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)