Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Vaginal or c section? Petite woman.

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 54 Replies
I am 4, 9". & never had a baby before, my fiance is what you would call big boned & is 6 ft. some women tell me its not height & weight but hipsize. Someone suggested I would most likely have to have c section since of his size & from a previous relatioship he had a kid born at 8b plus his nieces were 8lbs too. Im currently 106 lbs. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bunni23
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
And he was a big baby if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
10 moms liked this

My cousin is tiny 4'8 and 90 pounds soaking wet and she gave vaginal birth to 5 kids(all 8+ pounders) no problem. You can deliver a big baby and be petite.

C-sections are major surgery that need to be avoided unless medically necessary. You don't know if this baby is going to big or not.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I know someone who is under 5' and teeny tiny.  She has given birth to 4 kids vaginally all over 10 lbs!  I've had a c-section and a VBAC.  Go for the vaginal birth!

OjayV
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM
The true test of a womans pelvis is delivery, u can't tell by ur size, will advise vagina except medically contraindicated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3rd2bedue
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that is a decision you need to make with your DOCTOR. Only a medical professional (after doing an examination of you pelvis) would know the answer to the question you have! ^_^ Good luck miss! ^_^

hugs

Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll be fine. If you're not too far along, switch to a midwife. Your chances of success are much higher. (of having a vaginal birth)

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Not necessarily.  I was told I had some protruding bones and wouldn't be able to give birth to a baby over 7 lbs.  My  8 lb 5 oz daughter was a vbac

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

I think that is a decision you need to make with your DOCTOR. Only a medical professional (after doing an examination of you pelvis) would know the answer to the question you have! ^_^ Good luck miss! ^_^

hugs

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
3rd2bedue
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM

How did your VBAC go? Thiking of having one for this baby in october (maybe end of september.) My last child was c-section on 11/23/2010, what do you think???

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I know someone who is under 5' and teeny tiny.  She has given birth to 4 kids vaginally all over 10 lbs!  I've had a c-section and a VBAC.  Go for the vaginal birth!

Aslen
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh, and OP, you HAVE to do your own research. Also, if you don't want a -section unless absolutely necessary, you have every single right to say NO. You hired the doctor, and he works for you.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It was amazing!  I had an unsupportive doctor and she was 15 days late.  I was arguing with them while I was 8 cm dialated about signing a consent for a c-section "just in case."  It was so worth the fight!

Quoting 3rd2bedue:

How did your VBAC go? Thiking of having one for this baby in october (maybe end of september.) My last child was c-section on 11/23/2010, what do you think???

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)