Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

She's 6 weeks! I'm back at work! Feeling INCREDIBLY guilty! HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

My DD Poppy, is officially six weeks today and I am back at work. I have two older children, Roman (4) and NĂ¡omi (2), whom I didn't have to leave immediately when they were born. I got to be a stay at home mommy for a while and watch them grow! I love my job, but I love my children too! I feel very tearful and guilty that I do not get to stay at home to nurture and love on my youngest! How can I overcome the feelings of guilt and sadness? I appreciate any advice!

Mommy to Roman, NĂ¡omi and Poppy!

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Saille717
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM

The way that you're feeling is very, very normal.  As you get back into your work routine and learn your new routines with Poppy and your day care provider, you'll become more comfortable.  You'll always feel a twinge, that little pull to be in two places at once....I know I always did.  I don't know any other way to get past it other than to get through it.  Hang in there -- it will get better! 

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You just have to give yourself some time to adjust.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I am sorry that you are feeling so sad.  What you are doing is for her benefit, too.  When you are home you can spend good time with all of your children. 

Mazie0723
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Hugs! I was back to work when my youngest was a week old. I was the only one working it had to be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cyn_
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Bump

I will return back to work at 6 weeks too. :( I'm devastated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Come join the full time workin mamas group, we have all been there, done that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

i couldn't imagine having to do that! one more reason why i'm proud to be canadian.  (we get a year of maternity leave)

but just try and stay positive.  it will make the time you do get to spend with her more special  :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN