Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hey ladies... I just want reviews of the IUDs. Both Paraguard and Mirena. I was thinking about the one of 5 yrs, but I'm not so sure.  In a few months I'm going to get my new insuarance (my current hospital won't do the IUDs because they're catholic so I have to change ins. because the other hospital don't accept my current ins.) so meanwhile, next month, I'll start on Nuvaring (which I have no clue on how to insert...yet). I want to learn a lil better on Mirena but I also could go for another extra 5 yrs unless I re-insert Mirena again for another 5. What I worry about is the "feeling of the string" and it seems that Paraguard has a longer string. But I also don't do well with hormones, since I'm a very hormonal female, so Mirena won't do well here. Anyway, I already have 3 kids; 6yr old girl , 3yr old gilr, and 8mo. old boy. And I'm done having kids for now... childbirth to me is a vigina destroyer and though their dad has no copmplain with my drastic change down there, it is affecting me, us, sexually. I don't feel comfortable with it after my son. I am 50/50 on weather I should have another baby in 10 or 8 yrs or just be done and get that operation where they do it through the belly button (I don't know what its called but my mom got it done).

Thank you ladies, any insight of the IUDs and the surgery's name will be appreciated.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Replies (11-12):
HaLeYsMoMmY2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

In my experience, Mirena has been a total nightmare! I am actually getting it taken out ASAP! I have had it for a year, and I bleed every 2 weeks, and its almost as heavy as it was after having my daughter. I bleed through pads in 2 or 3 hours (TMI sorry). I have mood swings that make me seem bipolar, and I wasnt this way before I had my IUD put in. I am trying to find out what is my best option for birth control, especially since Mirena is the first BC I have used. I advise not using Mirena if you are already hormonal. 

lilmamiz07
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I also have to remember that I have Ulcerative Colitis tho I'm on remision and taking 0 meds, if I get flare ups I'll be prebscribed Prednisone (steroids =anti- inflammatory) and that afects with some BCs. At the end the Dr. will tell me what's best cause like evryone else we hear different stories and different reactions by many differnt women with different life style and health history. But is interesting reading you're reviews and makes me think of many posibilities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN