Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If im pregnant we should get married

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 45 Replies
Long story short my bf lives in Ohio and he wants to come out here to WA. No problem except for the most part Ill be supporting him till he gets a job and paying for the plane ticket. I want another child and he said okay. Well I brought up the whole plan when he gets here because I dont want unexpected expectations. After I ask about work he says "I want to find anything possible to support myself". To me it sounded a little selfish, so I ask "what if I get pregnant?" Then he states then well get married. I lol at him because I'm not getting married because I'm pregnant, Marriage shouldnt be because a woman gets pregnant. Marriage should be because you love that person, work well in a family together, and care deeply about each other. Am I wrong for this. I have a few other reasons to why I dont want immediately but there minor. He hasnt said anything since and its been 15 minutes.

Some ladies have asked if I'm willing to have a child with him why am I not willing to marry him. I want to marry him But it would be nice not to be pregnant during the wedding. Also since I'm not paying for it my parents are we should be able to take the time to plan the wedding and not make more stress to an already stressful pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whitney15
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I think you're being smart. Marriages don't work if they arent based on the simple fact that you chose to marry each other out of love, not a pregnancy. Stick with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiiSecurity
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I'm totally with you! I'm 30 weeks pregnant, an have been together with my boyfriend for over 3 and a half years and no way in HELL do I wanna get married right now! We're only 19. I've never wanted to get married though. But someday maybe. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
He finally. responded with I understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Beckie on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Not judging here  - but why do you want to have a child with him, but not marry him?  

mamabearlehman
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
IMO, if you're not willing to marry him then you probably shouldn't have a child together. Just a thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I want to marry him but I dont want to marry him based on a pregnancy. Pregnancy's are already stressful for me why add a wedding.

Quoting 081499:

Not judging here  - but why do you want to have a child with him, but not marry him?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I agree

Quoting 081499:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM
I do want to marry him just not when I'm pregnant

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I agree

Quoting 081499:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Beckie on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Seems to me the simple solution would be to marry him (since you want to and love him), get settled in with your new life with him, and then have a baby together.  I totally agree - pregnancy AND a wedding is too much!  :)  Just a thought, though...

Quoting Bookoholic:

I want to marry him but I dont want to marry him based on a pregnancy. Pregnancy's are already stressful for me why add a wedding.

Quoting 081499:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I know Ive thought about that too. But I have PCOS and my mom took 5 years to get pregnant. I dont want to wait 5 yrs to get married but I figure two years from now. I'm also looking at a hystroectomy between 28 and 30.

Quoting 081499:

Seems to me the simple solution would be to marry him (since you want to and love him), get settled in with your new life with him, and then have a baby together.  I totally agree - pregnancy AND a wedding is too much!  :)  Just a thought, though...

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting 081499:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured