Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD has not been eating much of ANYTHING for the past few days! I get as much as I can (or that she will allow) into her belly but it's only been maybe 5 bites at breakfast, NOTHING at lunch, & here it is supper time AGAIN & she REFUSES to eat anything. It goes straight to the floor. I am eat up with worrying & stressing, i was going to call her Pedi today but figured maybe I'd give her one more day in case it was "a phase".. My DH tells me I'm overly protective & that it's pointless to rush to the dr with every little change she goes through. Being a first time mom, I'm getting scared. She's 13 months old on the 10th & has never had this problem. However, if we put a cookie or something of the sort in front of her she gladly eats it!! What do I do? Should I call her doctor in the morning ? Do you think it could be serious? Any little bit of advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-16):
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

It is normal for kids' appetites to change based on their activity level, growth rate, stress levels and the amount of sleep they're getting.

Continue to offer healthy, real food and trust that her body knows better than any expert how hungry she is at any given meal.

krisalynn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Add pediasure to her diet

marisab
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

no more treats unless he eats at least 3 bites on her plate and if still not eating mon call the dr

missg8
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:43 AM

When you say nothing do you mean no favorite snacks also? If it is yes then you might want to call the doctor. She needs to be drinking if not then I would call.

On the other hand if she is willing to eat snacks or anything else and is drinking I would try another day and give her a favorite sandwich or food that she likes to eat (cheese, grapes, yogurt) even it it is slices of meat only or yogurts... anything. Make it simple just one course of that thing. I knew kids who only ate cheese sandwiches or cereal. They do grow out of it.

Good luck. It is a very scary feeling, but your doing good.

msswisher08
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:49 AM
I would get some pedisure! That way she gets some good nutrients she needs but she doesn't know it's good for her lol it's chocolate milk to her lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjxo1988
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Thanks! She is eating better now and I haven't been giving her any sweets at all! She drinks water, apple juice, or milk (with ovaltine) & yesterday it felt as if she couldn't get enough to eat. I appreciate everyone's advice! It really put my mind at ease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured