Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dog :(

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 29 Replies

He just escaped through our fenced up entrance gate, ran across the street and terrorized and attacked my neighbors chickens. I'm about 32 weeks pregnant. I can't be chasing him like this once baby is here and oh my god ..those poor chickens. My neighbor was nice about it once I grabbed the harness. Time to find him a new home? :(

I called the vet and scheduled an appt to get him fixed. That'll at least give us a few days of relaxation lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sky375
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Or leash him.
Our dogs do not go outside unless they are leashed. Even in our own back yard.
And sad to say its because of situations like yours. We haven't had a problem with the 2 dogs we currently have but I have in the past.
Good luck hun. Hope you come to a positive decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I'd say so. :(
At least that's what I'd do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM
We always leash him but I thought he'd do ok without one since fixing the open areas. I was sooooo wrong :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I feel so bad saying we want to give him to a new home. I mean we love him and care a lot for him. We take him to the vet, we walk him, we have tried to train him. We've only had him since february. It's just getting so hard chasing after him if he escapes out the house. And I wont be able to do that once baby is here. I dont want to be bashed. It's not like I just adopt and dump.

Tranla
by Elisabeth on May. 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
You could put him in a dog training class to speed up training. You haven't had him very long and it takes time to properly train a dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I'm sorry :(

Owl_Feather
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quoting Tranla:

You could put him in a dog training class to speed up training. You haven't had him very long and it takes time to properly train a dog.

the petsmart classes take place during times i'm not available :(

CafeMom Tickers
Tranla
by Elisabeth on May. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Look around for other places then. Petsmart is not the only place to offer classes. Check the yellow pages or google for trainers near you.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Quoting Tranla:

the petsmart classes take place during times i'm not available :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Quoting sky375:

Or leash him.
And sad to say its because of situations like yours. We haven't had a problem with the 2 dogs we currently have but I have in the past.

plus if I tie him outside all he does is bark the entire time. He hates the confinement. It's no fun hearing him bark and bark and bark. Especially if it's early in the morning. Our neighborhood has dogs everywhere and they are all fenced in and do nicely. if they "escape" at all, they hang out by the house. my dog just runs off down the street.

CafeMom Tickers
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Is it a boy??

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Quoting sky375:

Or leash him.

plus if I tie him outside all he does is bark the entire time. He hates the confinement. It's no fun hearing him bark and bark and bark. Especially if it's early in the morning. Our neighborhood has dogs everywhere and they are all fenced in and do nicely. if they "escape" at all, they hang out by the house. my dog just runs off down the street.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured