Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How would you handle this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok a little back story... my daughter has been bullied her entire school year by some classmates. She handles it pretty well but she has started slipping up the last few weeks and is a diffrent person she is hitting and calling names and getting into alot of trouble at home and school.

Ok so my question is what would you say to her? We have told her to let it slide and be the bigger person and to stand up for herself, but neither has worked. We have talked to her teacher about it and she has moved the other girls away from her. But she is still so depressed cause of the things she has been told. Today unknown by me she wore shoes to school that were to small for her so her feet will look smaller. She does not openly tell me things or anyone she is just trying to change herself. What are some creative ways to handle this cause ive dried all my ideas up.... thanks in advance!!!!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Replies (21-23):
marisab
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

just be open when she needs you to talk ..shes scared of making waves

alphamom26
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

It sounds like your DD is frustrated. I would be too, the poor kid :( Have you thought about enrolling her in a karate class? Not to beat the cr*p out of the bullies, but to give herself self confidence. There are a lot of self defense classes that teach kids how to be more confident and be the bigger person for real. You just need to find the right teacher. Good luck!!

katzmeow726
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM
As a past bullying victim, I want her to know that it does have an end. I know that it doesn't help the pain now though.
First off, counseling would be good for her. I can bet her friends don't really get it, and its awkward trying to talk to mom and dad. Having a therapist may make it easier for her to talk about all she feels.
I also suggest enrolling her in something like tae kwon do. Aside from the health benefits, it is great for boosting confidence. I would know! The more confidence she gains, the more confident she will appear to bullies. And she will likely make friends there. And a good kids tkd teacher will also act as a mentor. So that is another person she can talk to about the bullying!
And just be there. It sounds like she is depressed. In young kids and teens, it comes out as aggression a lot of the time. The exercise from martial arts and the therapy will both be very good for her.
I am so sorry mama. Please pm. Me if you want to talk. I would even be willing to pass along encouragement to your dd through you. I know what its like...and it is a very lonely place to be when you are being bullied. Keep pushing her to rely on her friends.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN