Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Why the uproar from some women

Posted by   + Show Post

When the man works and the woman doesn't it is deemed okay.  When the woman works and the man doesn't it is not okay. The men & women who don't work are SAH parents. What is the difference? Some women think it is the man's "job" to work. I don't think it should matter who works and who doesn't.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

My husband and I believe in "traditional" gender roles. Having him be a sahd would not work for us. But I dont give two shits about what others feel works for their relationship

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:16 PM
I believe in traditional gender rols
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tonesofhome
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

it's the binary gender system in America. it's enraging.

LANIE2002
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

i have no problem with that setup, but in my experienced it back fired. my exhusband stayed with the kids cause he cldn't find wrk for about a 1 1/2 yrs and until this day he tells me i was all about wrk and not my kids. it hurt me before but now i realized he was jealous cause i got 2 promotions and and quite a few raises in that time.

Mrs_Incredible
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

DH would LOVE to be a SAHD, and I would too sometimes. But I can't find a job that makes the same or more than what he does, so for now, until I finish school, he will work and I will stay home/go to school. We're talking about him taking a year off and finishing school/staying home once I find a job in my field. 

VisionSeeker
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM
I don't care who earns the paycheck. But what I've told DH is if you stay home keeping House cooking meal planning etc falls on his shoulders since that's what I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caydensmommy8
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM

i was always taught that the man is who is responsible for providing for the home. i also believe that if one of you are choosing to be a stay at home parent the one who makes more should work.

bxmom2580
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I agree

Quoting lioness3e:

To each their own. I don't judge others for how they believe. This is a personal issue between a man and woman. Its none of my concern. If their situation works for them, great. I just go on minding my own business.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Out of my husband's four closest friends he is the only one who is not a stay at home dad. I really don't think it us as unusual as people think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

i think that it's a mans job to work, and the woman to stay at home, and tend to the house and children. which means, cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands and etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN