Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much video gaming...

Posted by   + Show Post

First and foremost, I'ld like to mention that I love my DH.  He is a great dad and even better husband.  However, lately he has been completely consumed by video games ( well, one in particular - COD:MW3).  When he gets off of work, he immediately sits down to play. When he has off, he plays pretty much all day.  Recently I had him go to the mall with me and his DD (13 months) just to hang out and have a day out of the house. He came, reluctantly, but spent a good time before leaving saying it was a bad idea because the house needs lots of cleaning, and the laundry is piling up, etc.  Once we got back, instead of attacking the chores that needed to be done, the same ones he pointed out, he went back to the video game.  I talk to him, he says he understands and that he will be more careful not to play all the time, but here I type, with him sitting 4 feet in front of me, glued to the tv and game.  If I hit him over the head with a pan, can I blame it on the pregnancy hormones? (11 weeks along) (P.s. I'm kidding about hitting him...sorta...lol)

~Let go, and Let God~

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (21-27):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Haha! I know God is great but Idk if He can stop gaming lol!!

Quoting LindaClement:

Let go... let god

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I'm curious what does it say? I'm mobile!!

Quoting LindaClement:

He'll figure it out.

I like your siggy... maybe you could, ahem, heed that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps that is not the task required... :D

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Haha! I know God is great but Idk if He can stop gaming lol!!

Quoting LindaClement:

Let go... let god

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I'm curious what does it say? I'm mobile!!

Quoting LindaClement:

He'll figure it out.

Peephy
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Good point! And its not so much about the fact he plays them - I enjoy and play too - but its the amount he plays them.

Quoting katiebug840204:

Honestly if just be thankful he is home. My husbands problem is he is always gone. He would rather hang out with friends than be home. I'd much rather him be home playing a video game than being gone all the time. But that's just me.

~Let go, and Let God~

Peephy
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM

LOL, you are totally right - no point on having that for a signature if i'm not able to follow it, right?  I guess just being pregnant makes me impatient and with so much to do around the house - we just moved in 2 months ago and don't even sleep upstairs because it isn't ready - so I've been having a hard time with his current habit :D

Quoting LindaClement:

He'll figure it out.

~Let go, and Let God~

katiebug840204
by Katie on May. 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Yes I do understand that..hubby isn't much of a gamer tho...when he is home he spends every waking moment working on his car!

Quoting Peephy:

Good point! And its not so much about the fact he plays them - I enjoy and play too - but its the amount he plays them.

Quoting katiebug840204:

Honestly if just be thankful he is home. My husbands problem is he is always gone. He would rather hang out with friends than be home. I'd much rather him be home playing a video game than being gone all the time. But that's just me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Yeah... you're probably nesting and he isn't. Don't sit around fuming about what he's not doing that you want to be doing. Do it. Then everyone will be happy.

Quoting Peephy:

LOL, you are totally right - no point on having that for a signature if i'm not able to follow it, right?  I guess just being pregnant makes me impatient and with so much to do around the house - we just moved in 2 months ago and don't even sleep upstairs because it isn't ready - so I've been having a hard time with his current habit :D

Quoting LindaClement:

He'll figure it out.

Elle.tea.22
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I'm the gamer in the relationship... And COD is pretty amazing. I haven't nothing to say lol sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured