Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

>_< I hate being asthmatic.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

It affects me every single day in one way or another. DH and I were horsing around with the kids earlier this evening and everyone was laughing and having giggle fits... until I had an asthma attack. I have a nebulizer and took my meds,  but really?! >_< 

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crabbyD
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I'm sorry... That definitely is frustrating. I don't know anyone with asthma, but when I hear about it I can't help but think of that movie the hand that rocks the cradle... Its an old movie early 90's I think. Sorry for my lame movie reference, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM

It had been under control for YEARS and then it started getting bad again about a year ago. Sucks. 

mamakenzi
by Kenzi on May. 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM
That sucks. Mine got really bad for a spell a few years ago. It hurts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Mine's been bad since I had a really bad reaction during surgery (I stopped breathing a few times, apparently) from being intubated. I need to meet with a pulmonologist again...but I've had so many other health issues and I'm managing okay (rescue inhaler 2x a week or less). But it's so freaking frustrating. Why did yours get bad and how did it get better?

Quoting mamakenzi:

mamakenzi
by Kenzi on May. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
When I was much younger I was diagnosed with very mild asthma and put on singular with a rescue inhaler. As I have gotten older it became worse. The singular stopped working and I started having attacks, in addition to getting broncititus and pneumonia several times a year. My doctor and I talked about and we changed daily meds until I found one that worked.

Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

Mine's been bad since I had a really bad reaction during surgery (I stopped breathing a few times, apparently) from being intubated. I need to meet with a pulmonologist again...but I've had so many other health issues and I'm managing okay (rescue inhaler 2x a week or less). But it's so freaking frustrating. Why did yours get bad and how did it get better?

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DJAKoala
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear you are having Asthma flares. My 5 year old son has Asthma and allergies. This has been a tough year for him. He takes Singular every night and Flovent inhailer. He was so miserable Friday he stayed home from school and slept all day. Sad to see him get side lined, everyone running playing and he has to stop because he can't catch his breath.
Do you have daily meds to control your Asthma?
Mrs_Incredible
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I take Singulair, which had it controlled until the surgery. I know I need something like Flovent, but I'm just so sick of pumping my body full of chemicals... I've been working on a more natural way to help with my asthma and it's helped my daily issues, but my flares are still bad. I'm hoping that when I DO go see my pulmonologist he will be open to naturopathy. I fully believe that many of my health issues are related to the fact that every time I even had a hint of an illness my parents pumped me full of drugs. Since I've been treating things more naturally I've become MUCH healthier. I do think western medicine has its place, but it's overused, IMO. It drives me crazy to see parents giving their kids tylenol at the hint of the start of a fever. Fevers are GOOD. Stuff like that. 

Quoting DJAKoala:

Sorry to hear you are having Asthma flares. My 5 year old son has Asthma and allergies. This has been a tough year for him. He takes Singular every night and Flovent inhailer. He was so miserable Friday he stayed home from school and slept all day. Sad to see him get side lined, everyone running playing and he has to stop because he can't catch his breath.
Do you have daily meds to control your Asthma?

DJAKoala
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quoting Mrs_Incredible:

I agree,people rely to much on medications. We become resistant to the and just have to take more or stronger to work. I have seen a Naturalpathic Dr. And has helped me in many areas. I don't like putting chemicals into my son either, but at this time the flovent and Cingular is therapeutic for him. I have heard there is natural remedies for allergies/asthma. Best wishes to you, hope you are feeling better soon.
DixieL
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Don't feel bad. My husband and my son have asthma. They get it everyday and have to us inhalers everyday. We have three cats because my sons wife loves cats and they get asthma from the cats. A day doesn't go by without inhalers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)