Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

For those of you who have children/siblings of yours who are 6+ years apart

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM
  • 106 Replies

Is there very much fighting between your kids? Or sibling rivalry? Ours will be 8.5 years apart, and I just wonder how it compares to when my brother and I were younger, and only 2.5 years apart. We have an 8 year old boy, and our newest addition is coming in July, and she is most definitely a girl... If that has much to do with it... My brother and I were always at eachother's throats.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrstheriault
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

bump cause i wanna know other's answers. my bro and i are 22 mos apart, and seriously we've never gotten along. 

Supervane
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
This sounds like a good post, bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmack2107
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM

BUMP!

FourSpAcesLeFt
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My one sister & I are 23 months apart & it's off and on with us. Some days we'd get along wonderfully & others would fight like hell, tell eachother we hate the other, never want to talk to you again etc etc. But at the end of everyday, I love her & know she loves me- well ALWAYS be there for eachother. One brother I'm 7 years older & we've always had an amazing relationship & then my twin brother & sister are 13 years apart. We got along well until I moved out & started a family. They don't have much structure or discipline at home so they hate that I'm assertive with them & want them to be responsible. (like if I come over & the house is a mess I make them put their laundry/toys away, have my brother take the trash out, or tell them not to yell and argue...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on May. 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM
My kids are 2 years.

Dh and his sister are 8 years apart.

They love eachother very much. How they were as kids- it was only shady because of boy/girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

ok me personally i have 3 sibblings , one is a year younger( a girl)  : we fight likt cats and dogs .we cant seem to get along if our lives depended on it .  another is 6 year younger ( a girl)  : we get along great but on occasion we do but heads but thats what sister do lol . and the last is 9 years younger then me ( a boy ) and we are excellent never had a fight always got along and everything .

now i have a 10 week old baby girl and a 7 year old boy , so far so good , my son is very helpful with his sister , he loves holding her and playing with her but right now he still cant do a lot with her but he says he cant wait to teach her video games and sports and just all around playing and goofing off , so im hoping they get along as well as my brother and i did

Livinwith3boys
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:12 AM

My sons are 7 years apart, and my oldest misses being an only child, but he protects the baby, and other than getting jealous that he doesn't get all the attention all the time, he is really good about helping out with him and playing with him

sreichelt26
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I have a sister 10 years younger than me. We just recently started being friends, but we're still not really close (she's 15 and I'm almost 25).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigger11681
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

my oldest and youngest are 6 1/2 years apart and they get along better with each other than the do the middle child. my oldest and middle are only 2 years apart and my middle and youngest are 4 years and nine months apart they are are at each other every day.

bmack2107
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM

That's definitely reassuring!

Question for you though. Was your DS a little stand off-ish during your pregnancy? Like did he want to rub/feel your belly? Did he want to go to doctors appointments with you to see the baby/hear the baby's heart beat? DS doesn't really seem too interested in it right now... I mean, he is seeming to warm up to it.. he has talked about his little sister out of the blue, and when we told him we were going to see his little sister in 3D he got a little excited and said, "WHAT! She's coming TODAY?!" and when I told him no, he just said,"...oh.." So I think he will be more excited when she gets here... but I'm wondering if that's just a boy thing (during the pregnancy).

Quoting treasure1212:

ok me personally i have 3 sibblings , one is a year younger( a girl)  : we fight likt cats and dogs .we cant seem to get along if our lives depended on it .  another is 6 year younger ( a girl)  : we get along great but on occasion we do but heads but thats what sister do lol . and the last is 9 years younger then me ( a boy ) and we are excellent never had a fight always got along and everything .

now i have a 10 week old baby girl and a 7 year old boy , so far so good , my son is very helpful with his sister , he loves holding her and playing with her but right now he still cant do a lot with her but he says he cant wait to teach her video games and sports and just all around playing and goofing off , so im hoping they get along as well as my brother and i did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN