Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please God help me. BED BUGS! *UPDATE

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 AM
  • 163 Replies
Ive had what i thought was very itchy athletes foot. At first it was tops of both feet. Then a huge spot on my legs tonight. Well when i got out of the shower to go to bed, i found two BIG bugs and a lil tiny one. Squished em. Blood. I read a redbook article about bedbugs, so i go look for blood spots, black smears. And find them. With a few more big bugs! Maybe 4 1x1in smear spots, all on my side of the bed. (my husband & daughter have no sign of "rash" bites) I AM FREAKING OUT. I vaccumed what was there. IAM NOT SLEEPING IN THERE TONIGHT. We have not traveled, no hotel stay, if i buy second hand i wash it, no camping. My best friends family went camping & shes saying they came back with "rashes" did they do this to my family?!? What am i going to do? We have $ for a new mattress but only becuz i was saving 650 to unsuspend my license!!! Im crying & i feel disgusting like my skin is crawling.i feel so alone. Its 3am here after all. Please help me if you know what to do or have been through this ladies. Thank you.

UPDATE- exterminator is coming tommorow. I have my mattress in a waterproof zippered cover & no new bites since ive done that. I still have a LOT to do though. My box spring/mattress are on the floor so were gonna go pick up a hollywood frame. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to pick up lavender essential oil? I dont want to do online cuz I dont want to wait for it to ship. Any ideas on what would heal the bites faster? Im using neosporin, alcohol, bio oil. Thank you for all the advice & support ladies!

2nd update- I have a awesome exterminator! He totally put my mind at ease. He only saw them in our bed. No walls, furniture, frames, outlets, anni's room. He was so thorough. (sp?) & showed me pics of a bad infestation. It'll haunt your dreams! ! Tons of shells & bugs & blood& poop! On peoples beds! It was something out of a horror movie. Im still gonna follow through with the DIY stuff, but im no longer hopeless!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:13 AM
I don't know but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM
5 moms liked this

Oy.  Definitely call an exterminator.  I worked in hotels for 10 years so I have dealt with them through work.  We always threw the  mattresses away but they don't just hide in mattresses.  They get in carpet, head boards, couches and everything.  You really need to have a professional treat for them.  Good luck!

Rachelz123
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Yes call an exterminator. But I thought bed bugs were tiny not big. But I can be wrong, I've never actually seen one. I would be grossed out too. I hate bugs. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this
You have to xall the exterminator. All clothes, linens, stuffed animals, etc have to be,washed in HOTTTT water then tightly bagged.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Exterminator- they have special ways of treating them. You need to treat the entire house, not just the beds.

PaganMom2285
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

If your friends were camping and the bugs occured just after you might have ticks not bed bugs. Still, call an exterminator. If you see more bugs DO NOT squish them. Save them in a container or take a photo of them to show the exterminator. Bed bugs are tiny by the way. About the size of the asterick on a keyboard (thats the * thing btw) Bed bugs are also very very hard to kill and spread like wild fire. if you had them in one bed you would have them in every bed. is anyone else waking up with itchy spots?

powow65
by Kim on May. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM

google pic's of bed-bugs than yes.

my4kidsrock2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM
3 moms liked this

My hubby is an exterminator. He said before you pay the money to have someone come out try this:

Put a small tray of baby powder under each bed post area. Any bugs that crawl in there will not be able to crawl back out and they will die. Then you will be able to see exactly what, if anything, you are dealing with.

If it turns out that you do have bedbugs you have to call an exterminator and have a heat treatment done. Good luck.

LuvUSoMuch
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Is this what your bug looks like? Are you able to goodle pics of budbugs to compare yours?

They are bigger than I thought they are. 

GirlWithANikon
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

You could have gotten the bed bugs from the thift shop, trying on clothes at a department store, hanging out with someone and more.

But they could be anything, they could be carpet beetles which will also look like smears when squished. You don't know yet, call the exterminator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)