Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help. So Tired

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am stuck in this never ending cycle with my 2 yr old ds. 

One morning he woke up at the wonderful hour of 5.55. Well, consisdering he had a long day after that; I put him to be at 7.15 ish. Oh, what a stupid idea that was! We have entered the cycle from doom. He gets up at the ungodly hour of five something. I put him to bed early bc of it. Then we repeat.

How do I break this??? He woke up this morning at 5.39. I am so tired. I can hardly function at work or home. I am snippy and irritable. I am getting sick from the lack of sleep. What can I do? There has to be something, right?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilydoyle
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
put him to bed at 8:30. that's bedtime att my house, and my kids get up at 6 during the week, and 8 on the weekends. also, go to bed earlier yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GlowingxMomma
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I don't know how that would work. 

By seven, he is wild and unstable. You can see he is becoming tired. He stops listening. He starts acting nutso. If I put him in bed, he crashes. So I don't him overtired either. Also, I can only take so much crazy. 

As for me, I should try that. It's hard because I have school two nights a week. The class runs from 6.30 to 9.30. By the time I am home, I have to shower for work and whatnot. Then it's 10.30 all of a sudden. 

I don't know. Maybe we can figure something out that doesn't destroy my sanity

Angelicembrace
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:26 AM

My daughter was like this too :P. I put her to bed at 7 at night, and she wakes up around 6am. She shares a room with her 4 year old brother (she's 2) and DF one day told her to go back to her room because it was too early. She got upset at first but when in her room, and played with her toys. We tell them if it's that early then they can play in their room with their toys.

Their room is the safest in the house lol. So, they can't get in trouble. Idk though, I have my 4 year old who willl tell us if my DD is doing anything she shouldn't. For the most part though, we've encouraged her to stay in her room and play or read a book at night time/too early in the morning because she used to be up all sorta of crazy hours. We figured we can't make her sleep..but she eventually got into her sleep pattern.

Hope this helped somehow! Hang in the momma!

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Oh wow.  I thought that was normal.  lol  My 2 yo goes to bed at 8:30pm and gets up at 5:45am like clock work.  Always has.  Maybe try cutting down his nap time.  How long does he nap in the afternoon?

suetoo
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Start a routine and stick to it. We had dinner, play with dad, bath, quiet time with books, then lights out. We aimed for 7:30-8:30 so we had some adult time. In nice weather we had quiet time on the porch.
chefmartha
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I know you probably don't want to hear this one but it's a phase and he will grow out of it. My kids used to all get up at the butt crack of dawn everyday when they were little. No problem getting them off to school are anything. Now....Not so much. As soon as they hit their teens they started getting harder to get out of bed. Now on a weekend I'm lucky to see my kids before 2 pm. Oh and once they get to the phase mine are in now, they get harder to get to go to bed. It really sucks either way.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

How about this, when he goes to bed YOU go to bed? That way you get your sleep too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)