Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

10 year old boy is missing from my kids school----KIT HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 273 Replies

KIT HAS BEEN FOUND! He was found in some bushes just a couple blocks from the search site.  No details on his condition yet.

A 10 year old boy that goes to my kids school has been reported missing.  This is scary stuff.  Apparently he went to school today and at some point just went missing.  It hasnt been revealed if they think he was abducted or if he just walked away.  I called the school to see if they wanted parents to come get kids and they told me no that they prefer if parents allow their kids to stay because otherwise it could worry and stress the other children out knowing about how serious the situations.  My prayers are with this childs family as they work to find him and figure out why he left school and how.  IDK if they child is in my sons class but he is the same age as my son...this has me very worried.  Ill update as I learn more.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/181165/175/Warner-Robins-Police-Looking-for-10-Year-Old

Its now 6:00 and the little boy still hasnt been found.  Search and rescue has been sent out.  Helicopters have been out since 3:00.  They keep passing over my house.  Rescue dogs are out as well.  They are now saying that he got into trouble and was sent to the office.  Instead of going to the office he left school.  Local police are asking people to search in cars so they dont mess with any possible smells of him that the dogs could pick up. 

UPDATE:  Well there is no update.  Police still havent found him.  Rumors going around that he was spotted once about 4:00 AM but ran when his name was called,  Nothing official as been released by police though.  I just left from the school...dropping my kids off.....and police are all over the place.  Again unofficially...his dad has apologized for all the search efforts and has insisted that Kit will come home when he is ready to. I'll update as I learn more.

UPDATE:  Still no news.  Search parties are still out everywhere.  People in cars and golf carts are riding all through my neighborhood,  The wooded area also called Bay Gall Ditch behind my house keeps getting searched. Trash pickup has been suspended in our area until further notice...they say its to prevent so much traffic..but its a military town...the area the search is at is one of the main roads through town...its ALWAYS heavy traffic around here cause of the air force base.  They are saying he was last seen at the school at 8:45 AM yesterday...that when he was sent to the office.  He received a PFI which means bad behavior.  Apparently he brought it back to school unsigned so he was then sent to the office...where he never made it to.  He hasnt been spotted at all by WRPD....only rumors of concerned citizens...last rumor was he was spotted about 4;00 this morning and ran when his name was called.  Thats only hear say though.  We have some bad weather coming through here soon...so if the bloodhounds have picked up a scent at anytime..the rain will wash all that away.  Nothing has been said officially about where his mother is at.  Rumors going around she is in jail in Arizona.   Here is a link to what was aired on the 12:00 news.  Again I will update when I hear more.

photos of whats going on: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=181298                        story link:  http://www.13wmaz.com/

Thursday May 10 UPDATE:

Kit still hasnt been found.  I went out driving around town yesterday, searching in ditches and neighborhoods and also went walking around the neighborhood he lives in...people are all over the place looking for him.  There have been no sightings of him.  AT ALL.  Dads newest comment was that Kit is probably living out a version of Call Of Duty 4.  He still isnt worried.  Police chief has said that his dad not being worried is raising red flags.  Found out Kits mother is in jail in Arizona for identity theft and other charges..she has been there a year.  I spoke to a woman last night who works at the elementary school and she said my suspisions were correct about where Kit exited the school building and probably left.  She said there are cameras at all entrances to the school except the back door exits off the 4th and 5th grade halls.  She said he was a good kid and they never suspected he would ever do what he did.  He wasnt one of the kids that needs a buddy to get from point A to point B at the school.  She said he attended the school in 3rd grade, moved away for 4th grade and came back for 5th grade.  The school was also never informed that Kit had ran away this past weekend, until his dad was called to the school when he was discovered missing.  My friend lives in the neighborhood Kit lives in.  She said Kit always was playing with kids on her street although he lived 3 streets over in the other part of the neighborhood.  He liked to play in the wooded area across from her house.  She was told by a 12 or 13 year old that he was a nice kid but for some reason alot of kids didnt like to play with him and that alot of parents didnt want their children playing with him.  The girl couldnt explain why.  Rumors have been going around that Kit told neighbor kids and kids at school that he had a fort in the woods behind his house that no one would ever be able to find.  Suspisions are that he has been planning this for awhile and has probably been preparing by bringing food and water to the supposed area.  IMO makes sense since he hasnt been found.  Its been rainy here and last night was in the lower 50's.  As of right now its been 48 hours since he has been seen.  I was also told by the lady at the school that the bloodhounds came to the school to get Kits scent on Tuesday.  They followed the scent all the way to Corder Road..for the people who know the area....where they lost his scent because road work is going on over there and there are workers constantly moving around there.  Which for me means he cut through the neighborhood over there off Kimberly and went straight through to Corder.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

BUMP!

BaileynMe
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM
That's terrifying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacheylady
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
4 moms liked this
That is terrible. Praying for the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akb300
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
omg! sending positive thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaseballMom34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Scary..if the child was in school..how did he go unnoticed for so long. I can't imagine the parents terror.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacheylady
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in Griffin and I shared this on my facebook as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheezit47
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

oh gosh! hope he is found SAFE! my brohter was in kindergarten and walked off the playground to our house (we lived almost right next door) the teacher didnt notice him gone until they were going inside.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Quoting peacheylady:

That is terrible. Praying for the family.

rebeccasmly
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
How scary! I think I would have to go get my kids. I'm one of those moms who need my children with me in those situations. Prayers going out for the little boy and his family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN