Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is this for REAL??

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just got sent a letter from a company that claims to be a mystery shopper company with a $2k check but I can't find anything on the internet that says anything about this company.

They claim to be listed with the BBB but I can't find the listing so I'm quite a bit suspicious.

I also tried to call the number of the "contact person" but my phone has some sort of call restriction which is also raising a red flag.

Has ANYONE heard of Route 22 Honda Market Research Inc??

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Alamomov2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

never heard of them, but heres a bump :)

Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I haven't. I googled it and didn't come up with anything.  Look at the check and paperwork very carefully, sometimes in tiny print it says if you cash the check you are agreeing to something.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

YES!! DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!!   I got the exact same thing from them 2 weeks ago. Immediately suspicious I called the bank that the check was drawn on. The bank said there was NO money in the account! They also said dozens of people had cashed the checks and will now have to pay back the $2000!! Tear the check into tiny pieces or shred it.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Wow!  Thanks for alerting us. I'll be on the look out too for this kind of scam.

Quoting SexyTeacher:

YES!! DO NOT CASH THE CHECK!!   I got the exact same thing from them 2 weeks ago. Immediately suspicious I called the bank that the check was drawn on. The bank said there was NO money in the account! They also said dozens of people had cashed the checks and will now have to pay back the $2000!! Tear the check into tiny pieces or shred it.

PandTsmomjuly
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Thank you!

Quoting SexyTeacher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN