Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
I don't plan on celbrating mothers day this year. My son is 3 months old and its not like he will remember anyways. My fiance just lost his job and now I'm the only one working, which I don't mind but we really can't do anything extravigant. Yes we could go to the park or cook a nice meal but I just don't feel like doing anything. My PPD has gotten really bad the last month and I have no motivation. Idk what to do. Mothers day just seems like another day to me. So what do yall think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
javamom12
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think every day should be Mother's day.

AnnaHuney
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Mothers day isnt for the kids, its for the mom!  So its up to you what you do, if anything.  But you probably deserve breakfast in bed at least  : )

Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life.

Get to know me better at http://www.wifenmom.com/ 

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I sleep late, take a very long shower, get ready and head to my mom's and me and bro take her out for lunch around 3(it is too busy before then). I get breakfast in bed from DH and DD. Just a day to relax.

heartslove09
by Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Dont worry, you dont have to celebrate if you dont feel like it. Your right he wont remember because he is too little. Lastly mothers should be appreciated all year and not just on mothers day! take care I hope you feel better :)
MonkeysGrammy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM

I'm just curious, who is saying that you should be celebrating it that you are even concerned about it? If you are the only one worrying about it then just don't! Or is someone else saying you should be? Sorry, I hope that doesn't sound rude (it's really not meant to) I just didn't understand why you would worry about it if you don't want to?

Madammeke
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Just let it go, if you don't feel like it good for you.

Your child is too young to realize it anyway.

Moeff
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Just have a day relaxing and being a family. You could do something simple like the babies foot prints and hand prints with ink and show them to later. Because your right, the baby won't remember, but no matter what you always will.

Osstie
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM

You shouldn't need to do anything for yourself on mothers day!

PinkParadox
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM
The day is about you, not your child. But, you can spend it how u want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLove024
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Sounds like me!

I have a 5 month old and I know this sounds reallllly weird but I don't feel like a mom.

I don't work either, and although I am not suffering from PPD I do feel things have been chaotic lately and I would perfer it to just be another day.

I decided to invite my mom over during the morning and we're going to cook some breakfast. I can not afford to go out to eat right now , so I thought that might be nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)