Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

should i be worried? pic on page 2

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 33 Replies
My son will be 3 months tomorrow. When he sleeps his lips-eyes turn slightly blue. Turns back to normal when he's awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Ask his Pediatrician

Nursesummer
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes I would worry. I'd be very worried. It could possibly be nocturnal hypoxia. That means the oxygen lever drops during sleep. We would be going to the doc ASAP Monday morning. And I'd ask for a overnight pulse ox test. That measures the oxygen level during the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Wow, if his lips turn blue, you should be taking him in to be evaluated by his doctor for sure.

cklamour
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Not to be rude but uhhhhhh yea!!! And if his pediatrician says nothing is wrong, get a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barnwell84
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Tell the doctor at his next visit or call the nurses desk now.

Emily18234
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Great. Were across the country and the voicemail at his doctors is full. Is there anything else to kook out for?

Quoting Nursesummer:

Yes I would worry. I'd be very worried. It could possibly be nocturnal hypoxia. That means the oxygen lever drops during sleep. We would be going to the doc ASAP Monday morning. And I'd ask for a overnight pulse ox test. That measures the oxygen level during the night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3greatkids751
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
I'd be paranoid all night or during naps.. It definitely warrants a Dr visit. GL keep is posted when you find out what it is..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM
The color in his fingernail beds. Or the tips of his fingers. It should be pink. You can press light on his fingernail over his nail bed and then let go. It should take less than 3 seconds to turn from white to pink. Same thing with his toes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emily18234
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
They turn right back to pink

Quoting Nursesummer:

The color in his fingernail beds. Or the tips of his fingers. It should be pink. You can press light on his fingernail over his nail bed and then let go. It should take less than 3 seconds to turn from white to pink. Same thing with his toes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let him get to warm during sleep! You fall into a deeper sleep when overwarm and until he sees a doctor is be very careful with his temp while sleeping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN