Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

"Mothers of fur-babies"

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think a pet owner should get a happy mother's day?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

What do you think? If you have a pet you deserve to get a "happy mothers day"? Do you think it cheapens what a real mother is?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Replies (31-35):
Saille717
by on May. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I, nor any other woman, didn't carry my dogs or cats in my body for 9 months.  I didn't go through labor and deliver them into this world with my own blood, sweat and tears.  My body did not produce milk to nourish them.  So no, they are not my children.  I love them dearly, they each have their own personality and they are my companions and a part of my family, but no, they are not children.  

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I didn't carry my daughter, did not go through labor & delivery with blood, sweat and tears and I did not produce milk. But she is my daughter and my dog is my son.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM

No it doesn't cheapen it. It isn't a religious holiday, it is a way to set aside a day to do something nice for Mom.  It is charming to have the pets give their human mom a gift or card.  I should reword that-  mice and bird parts are not acceptable.

lioness3e
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Yep, it's called creative marketing. They'd make a card for everything under the sun if they knew money could be made from it...LOL

Quoting Osstie:

lol that does not surprise me at all! Hallmark has made up how many holidays now?

Quoting SexyTeacher:

Just a funny...I was in the drugstore and was looking at leftover cards and there were 2 different cards that said "Happy Mother's Day from you slobbering, furry, loving kid with a tail!" I guess that lets you know how Hallmark thinks. LOL

mik1of3
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I was a fur mommy before I was my daughters mommy.  My dogs were my guinea pigs.  So yeah, I deserve a little recognition.  Before I got married I would buy a little something from myself and say it was from my dog. 

I don't think it cheapens what  a real mother is...and if someone else feels it does, well, how sad is that?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN