Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Complications and 27 weeks pregnant *update*

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am supposed to be about 27 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. But shes measuring 2 weeks behind so I'm scheduled to see a high risk OB on Wednesday morning. Well the dr took an ultrasound today and seemed concerned about it but didn't tell me anything. I have only gained 10lbs and I'm 27 weeks pregnan and look like I'm just 4 months pregnant. Not big at all and I'm a small person anyways and gained about 25lbs with my other 2 pregnancies. I did have low amniotic fluid with my first son and had to see a high risk OB for that. I have been having painful Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the day and a sort of roller coaster feeling in my stomach too. Some back pain, but I haven't had much of an appetite at all this pregnancy. I've had a LOT of stress on me though. Just really worried my baby isn't ok. Any similar experiences?

*went to the high risk OB a few days ago. Said she's measuring small but looks great. I'm 28 weeks and she's 1.15lbs. But I was a tiny baby. Both of my sons were 6lbs. The only problem is her oxygen level is low so I have to get ultrasounds every week to keep an eye on that. Otherwise things are good :-)*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen7865
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Hi if u need someone to tlk to in here for u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I had painful braxton hicks with my fourth pregnancy and I had to be induced for that one a few days after my due date.

As for the stress, I know there are things that are important and that things are definitely difficult with two little ones and another on the way.  The best things you can do are take some time for yourself each day (even if it's only 10 min or 10 min at a time) and the other thing is to ask yourself if this is something that's going to be important in like 10-20 years.  If not, it can probably wait until after you will have recovered from the pregnancy and birth to worry about it or deal with it.  If it can't wait, try to think as clearly as possible and handle it as simply as possible.

All the best to you, Hon.  Message me if you want to talk.  I'm on at least for a little while pretty much every evening. :-)  Take care of yourself!!!

caro100
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM

The best thing you can do is try to relax.  Your baby is in all probability just fine.  Ultrasounds can be inaccurate sometimes.  If you are having braxton hicks, you need to be lying down more.  I had a friend who had 3 kids, cervical cancer with the third(had chemo treatment), then had a fourth baby when the youngest was 13. Went to e.r. with vomiting, came out with a baby.  She didn't even know she had been pregnant.  Tht is all to say, relax, it could be worse.  At least you are getting medical check ups, breathe, you and your little one will be okay.

-PB
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Don't you hate it when doctors get worried and then they're all like "oh its probably ok.  Don't worry."  Ugh.  Hate that.

I measured 2 weeks behind my whole pregnancy.  Only gained 13 lbs and half of that was in the last 2 months.  My 1st and only pregnancy.  They were doing ultrasounds every single week after 34 weeks.  Dd was 6 lbs and healthy a horse.  Everyone including me was worried for nothing.  I wish I could tell you not to worry but that what moms do best.  I wish you the best of luck!  Hugs!

piwife
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I gained a total of 14 lbs with my baby I had her on the 8th a lil pass 37 wks. She was 7lbs 4oz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM

The weight isn't that big of an issue if you weren't severly underweight to begin with. It may not be that she's measuring 2 weeks behind but that the due date is off. I hope everything works out well for you!

SissyAnn141
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Been there & done that ♥♥♥♥♥

My son was born at 32 weeks.

I was told a lot of things, could be wrong.......He is GREAT, and 19 years old now !!!!!

PRAY, Doctors are not "ALL-KNOWING"

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on May. 15, 2012 at 3:24 AM
I did. Same time frame too! I had only gained 8lbs the baby was measuring 2 weeks behind and I was 23 weeks. I went and saw a perinatalist at 27 weeks and everything was fine. There were somethings measuring beind like her legs and arms. Just turned out she be short like her momma :) my dr did keep me on 2 week ultrasound till 38 weeks though and she stayed behind till abouy 36 weeks. I had a very healthy 8lb 15oz baby girl at almost 40 weeks and she is now 18mths old and still short for her age. Try not to stress cause it really could be nothing, good luck momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:26 AM

BUMP!

janel09
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

with the second pregnancy, I lost 30 pounds within the first 6 months and didn't gain any weight in the 8th month. I measured 4 weeks behind by the 9th month, and now have this hyper active OCD little girl. With this pregnancy, I've loss 20 pounds so far at 5 months. I think everything will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)