Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

low blood count?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

i miscarried about a month and a half ago and now im finding out i have a low white blood cell count can that cause miscarriage???? what can i do to fix it??

by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
QueenOfTheDiva
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Sorry about your miscarriage. That's no fun :( I had a miscarriage which caused me to be anemic for a while. I had a low red blood cell count because of the blood I lost from losing the baby. Are you sure it's your white blood cell count & not your red blood cell count? An iron supplement should help restore the hemoglobin. Iron rich foods will help as well. If you google iron rich foods, I'm sure you'll get a large list of foods to choose from. I don't believe a low blood cell count would cause a miscarriage. I would talk to your OB/GYN or regular doctor about your health and find out what supplements you should be taking.

Also, it's always great to take care of your overall health when you are not doing well. 8 glasses of water a day, lots of fruits and vegetables, fiber, exercise, adequate rest & reducing stress will help restore your body to normal again.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM

im sorry

Miscarriages are no fun. I'm not sure about the low blood count. I would ask your doctor though.

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

Reina13
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

Talk to your OB/GYN, hopefully the low count can be remedied with something as simple as increasing your vitamin levels.

itsblissmas
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I'm not sure but have you talked with your doctor?

I'm very sorry about your miscarriage.

opinionatedmom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM

get a work up mine was due to a urinary tract infection which will change your blood count but I think(not sure ) that a urinary tract infection raises your white blood count. just go get a full work up to make sure there is nothing wrong with you to prevent a healthy pregnancy. and keep your head up the next one I got preg with was fine except for hereditary problems that would have happened regardless. he is loud, rambunctious and fine.

gregsgurl11
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM

i havent talked to my doctor yet i just found out cause i was sick but i seen this website and figured i would ask and see if any of u guys knew and thank you its been kinda hard on me and my husband

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. You should talk to your doctor about that. He/she can help you figure out what to do to increase your success in the future.

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)