Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Much To Spend On A Bday

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM
  • 22 Replies

My Daughter's 1st B-day Is Coming Up In Sept. I Know This Sounds Weird, But What Kind Of Gifts Do You Get For A 1st B-day And How Much Do You Spend. I Know Cloths And Things Like That, But What Kind Of Toys? I Am Sorry If It Sounds Weird, But She Not Really In To Anything Yet. I Need Help Plz? I Taken Ideas. Like I Always Say There Are No Stupid Ideas.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashleeduhh
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Why Are You Typing Like This? X.x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Toys she can stand/walk with or sit on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Hmm...a rocking horse, one of the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn toys, a play kitchen, books, puzzles, fingerpaint and paper, baby doll, baby doll stroller, blocks, dollhouse (they have dollhouses for all different ages in all different sizes), toddler rocking chair, ball pit with balls, sandbox, slide, Fisher Price Little People, those chunky cars that are easy for them to grip and are soft, one of those push toys that either makes the popping noise or there's one that has a roller and it makes a jingling sound, if she is still learning how to walk then one of those walker toys, a xylophone piano...

mommylizTB2809
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Woq Thank You So Much That Really Helps Me :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on May. 21, 2012 at 2:28 AM

hahaha well that pretty much sums it all up! LOL  :)

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Hmm...a rocking horse, one of the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn toys, a play kitchen, books, puzzles, fingerpaint and paper, baby doll, baby doll stroller, blocks, dollhouse (they have dollhouses for all different ages in all different sizes), toddler rocking chair, ball pit with balls, sandbox, slide, Fisher Price Little People, those chunky cars that are easy for them to grip and are soft, one of those push toys that either makes the popping noise or there's one that has a roller and it makes a jingling sound, if she is still learning how to walk then one of those walker toys, a xylophone piano...

sreichelt26
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM
I spent about $100 on party stuff - homemade cupcakes, punch, decor, plates/napkins

And then about $20 on gifts (after coupons/sales) - a toy cell phone that makes noises and a "my first laptop"

Gifts she got from other people were: clothes, books, busy boards, Leap Frog My Pal Violet and this octopus ball toy, a jack in the box but it's pink with a princess (she LOVES it) , and a few other things I don't remember.

She also already had toys to walk with, a dolly, shape sort..that sort of thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM

for my oldest dd we got her a rocking horse zebra, clothes, books, little toys to grow into over the next year, and i think her party with food, cake, decorations, invites, tent, tables and chairs, gift bags, etc was almost $5,000. youngest dd she got similar gifts, her party was a little smaller because it was winter, and i couldn't fit 90 people in my house. her b-day was on superbowl sunday, so we had a party here with about 40 people and i think i spent a total of $2,000.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on May. 21, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Since I knew she would be getting a ton of things for her first birthday, I went all out on the party and got her what ever she still needed afterwards. She was 1 year old after all, she wouldn't remember that she didn't open a present from mommy and daddy AT the party. She ended up needing socks and night clothes, so she got to pick out her favorite pjs (held up 3 choices at the store and let her pick) and got her some socks after the party. 
I ended up spending about $100 on her party. My mom made her birthday cake, so that was just on food, decorations and goodie bags for her older cousins.

It was 1 of 2 of her 1st birthday parties (My mom and dad live about 1.5 hours apart) so her other party, we just a show up and party kind of thing. 

This was at my Grandpa's barn (that was my Grandma in the background, she passed away a few months ago) but that is my favorite place to have a birthday party :) We did get Hannah a gift for this party, but for the life of me I can't remember what we got her. 

mammabear413
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I got my son clothes out door toys but you could do rocking horse fisher price doll house, a baby doll.
samanthaleah84
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM
We don"t get gifts for our girls because they already have too much and our family gets them tons of stuff. They are too young to know that Mom & Dad didn't get them something. If we didn't have amazing family, I would probably get the girls big items like climbers, play table,etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured