Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 10month old tries to get out of naps!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

my 10 month old daughter doesnt want to take her afternoon nap. She tries to take a nap at 6/8pm when bedtime is 9pm. She wakes up at 8/8:30 am has a bottle and then goes right back to sleep around 9/9:30 am and then wont wake back up til 12:30 in the afternoon. By 3 she is tired but wont sleep....

Should i cut out her morning naps? or should i keep them but make them shorter?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I would say try keeping her up longer in the morning and nap late morning to early afternoon or have her take 2 shorter naps.  Maybe one nap 9:30am to 11am and then 3pm to 4:30pm or a longer afternoon nap 11:30 to 2:30.

ambiibooxo
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Thanks. She is still up now. I can see it in her eyes that she is tired. But if I can get her to sleep soon I can at least let her sleep for a half hour

Quoting -PB:

I would say try keeping her up longer in the morning and nap late morning to early afternoon or have her take 2 shorter naps.  Maybe one nap 9:30am to 11am and then 3pm to 4:30pm or a longer afternoon nap 11:30 to 2:30.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by Kenzi on May. 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM
I would cut the morning nap, keep her up do lunch at 11 or so then nap from noon to 2 or 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM

dont allow her to banap at 6 or put her to bed earlier my 16 mos has always been in bed by 8 and wakes between 7 and 8 in am and naps between 10 and 12 she mostly takes one nap but occasuionally if we done alot naps between 2=3 as well be consistent shes proly going to bed to late so id move her bedtime earlier

caro100
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I would keep her up when she wakes in the morning.  You are tampering with her sleep rhythms by putting her back to bed with a bottle in the morning.  leave her up until early afternoon and leave her down until 2 or 3

LindaClement
by Linda on May. 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Do you nap with her? 

Lots of kids can't fall asleep on their own ('cause even though you know all about locks and doors and the absence of baby-eating bears, your daughter only has her instincts that tell her when you're not nearby she's in serious danger)... and you probably need the rest.

Another solution is to keep her in the same room with you. When she falls alseep in your arms, move her to the playpen or rolling cot, and make sure she's in the same room you are most of the time she's sleeping. Your noises will comfort her, not wake her up.

It's a myth that people of any age 'need' silence (or darkness) to sleep well. What they really need is to feel safe.

marisab
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

10 mos need snaps just look at how often shes taking them

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I would try to stop the morning naps if possible. That is about where my daughter started with one nap a day. At 2 she stopped taking them, but now that she is 5 she has been taking them again. 

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Mine didn't nap in the mornings at 10 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jules8289
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I agree with everyone here. Cut the morning naps. Nap in the afternoon. Early bedtime around 8pm is for you as much as your dd. It will take a while as she is used to this routine. Stick with it and her routine will turn around where it should be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured